Chapter XVIII

"Your mother did what ?" Venus voice echoed inside of Rhyan's quiet home

"And she was fucking who ?" Ivy soon chimed in

After the sit down with Ayden, Rhyan and Nasir went back to Rhyan's place. Ayden had unloaded so much information on her that Rhyan's head was still spinning this morning. As much as she wanted Nasir to stay the day with her she understood he had business to attend to. So Rhyan did what she saw fit. She took a personal day and called her girls over. She filled Ivy and Venus in on everything Ayden had told her about him and her mother.

"That's the same thing I said" Rhyan said sipping her mimosa.

"No, no, hold the fuck up" Venus started "are we not going to address the fat ass elephant in the room"

Ivy and Rhyan both looked at each other before directing their gaze on to Venus. Venus was right. Rhyan has yet to speak about how she felt finding out her own mother had a secret relationship with her boyfriend. Rhyan grew used to Faith tormenting her, humiliating her but she never would have guessed that her mom would go after her boyfriend. Someone who was the age of her own child.

"I mean..." Rhyan began but her words fell short. Before she knew it Rhyan began to break down. All the emotions she had locked away erupted like a volcano that has been dormant. Ivy and Venus hastily went to Rhyan's aid and began to console her.

"Shh, it's okay Rhy. Let all that shit out" Venus cooed into her ear as she rubbed her back tenderly

"I feel so ridiculous crying over someone who isn't even mine anymore." Rhyan replied wiping the corner of her eyes

"Rhyan, it's okay to cry. Yes, you and Ayden are no longer together but your mother was messing around with him while you and he were together" Ivy explained "he and her both lied to you. Look at everything your mother put you through and add this newfound information on top of that"

"That's enough to break anyone down Rhy. Those tears you've been holding back, let that shit out baby" Venus says soothingly rubbing Rhyan's back

Rhyan knew her friends were right. It was okay for her to cry, at first she felt that crying would be giving her mother what she wanted. The same control that she always had over her. But this time was different. This time she was deceived by her mother and someone she gave her heart and trust to. Rhyan rested her head on Venus' shoulder and began to let all the emotions spill out. The pain she felt from her mother, Ayden simply stringing her along for years. It all washed over her. Rhyan shook her head as a thought came into her mind.

"The woman Ayden and I always argued about was my own mother. How fucked up is that ?" she asked between her tears "I always asked myself this even until this day, why does she hate me so much? Am I not meant to be love, be happy ?"

"Aht, stop that Rhyan" Ivy said clapping her hands together. Lifting Rhyan's chin Ivy began to speak life into her friend. "Rhyan this is the happiest I've seen you. Your father and you have a great relationship now, Nasir keeps a smile on your face. Not just that but you're surrounded by people who love you so much and so deeply. You are meant to be loved, you're meant to have happiness. If anyone deserves it. It's you"

Ivy's words pinged at Rhyan's heartstrings. Ivy was right, she was worthy of love, of happiness of all the good things that were meant for her. Removing her hand from Venus' shoulder, Rhyan grabbed a tissue from the decorative tissue box and wiped her eyes. She was truly grateful to have friends like Ivy and Venus in her corner, a father like hers, and a boyfriend like Nasir.

"I love you guys so much" Rhyan sniffled a chuckle soon followed.

"And we love you too" Venus replied kissing Rhyan's temple

"Now on a lighter note, let's finish these mimosas." Ivy said standing from her seat and making her way to the kitchen

"You guys go ahead, I'm going to call Nas back" Rhyan said picking her phone up from the coffee table

Rhyan watched her friends walk down the hallway that lead to the kitchen. As the two women disappeared into the kitchen Rhyan unlocked her phone and went to her contacts. Scrolling down the list she thought about her decision. Exhaling sharply she pressed the name and placed the phone to her ear.

─────

"Everything all counted for bro. I just locked up the safe, we checked a bag" Noah excitedly said as he plopped down on the black leather sectional

"We need to keep it that way. Thinking about it we actually need to do a reup. We have enough for three more months but how this shit selling, it might be gone sooner than that" Carter said as he looked over his laptop

Carter and Noah's eyes fell on Nasir. But Nasir was oblivious to the conversation at hand. He was thinking about Rhyan. He wanted to stay with her due to the events last night but he had business to handle. Every couple of hours he would check on her, he didn't want her to be alone. Knowing Ivy and Venus were there with her semi-eased his worry.

"Nas, nigga you heard me ?" Carter asked breaking Nasir out of his inner thoughts

"Yeah, we have to reup. I'll get in touch with the supplier and set something up. More than likely we'll be catching a flight at the end of the week" Nasir replied standing to his face. He released a frustrated sigh before clearing his throat.

"I know you nigga. What's with you ?" Noah questioned looking up from the blunt he was rolling

"Ayden, Rhy's ex I had to rough a lil bit called her last night. Long story short he said some shit that fucked up Rhyan mind and no lie mine too. Shit was wild as fuck" Nasir chuckled shaking his head

"And that was ?" Carter asked waiting for his friend to elaborate on what he was trying to say

"Yo, dead ass it better not be no Jerry Springer type shit bro" Noah said laughing while he brought the blunt to life

Although Noah was laughing Nasir looked at both men with a straight face. Carter tilted his head giving Nasir a really face. But Noah on the other hand, erupted in laughter. Nasir's eyes lowered as he mugged Noah.

"Nas I was joking about that shit. That's the type of time they on ?" Noah asked

"The type of time her mother is on. The whole time Rhyan was with that nigga Ayden, her mother was fuckin' him. Feedin' him bullshit on what to do to Rhyan. All so this old mental ass bitch can have some money" Nasir said, the disgust evident in his voice

"I can't even picture how it feels to have a parent hate me like that. I feel bad for Rhyan. Real shit" Carter said wholeheartedly

"Yeah me too" Nasir sighed heavily "but I'm going to hit up the connect. Wrap up for me"

Nasir didn't hear whatever  Carter and Noah said to him. His mind was too focused on getting back to Rhyan. As Carter said, he couldn't imagine one of his parents hating him as much as Faith hated Rhyan. He couldn't tell her that he understood her pain, he was aware that whatever he told her could fill the void Faith caused in Rhyan's life. All he knew how to do was be there for her. And he was going to ensure that Rhyan knew that he was in her corner a thousand percent.