Chapter 5: Hiking

Christy's POV

My eyes flew open and I looked at the clock. It was 11 and I got up and stretched. I felt my muscles loosen and release tension from not being used for so long.

My phone rang and I picked it up. What a surprise, it was Kayla.

"Miss me already?"

"Well good morning to you too." Kayla said as she giggled.

"Good morning Owens. What bring you to call me at this early hour?"

"Well my parents and my brother have things to do today so I wondered if you would like to hang out."

"Well whatca wanna do?"

"Let's go hiking!"

I laughed. "Hiking? Really Kayla is that want you want to do?"

"No it'll be so much fun I promise. I'll bring us some snacks and then after we could go out for a late lunch or early dinner or something."

"Oh alright. But if it's not fun like you said it would be you're paying for my food later."

I heard Kayla laugh. "Okay then it's a deal. I'll pick you up at 12."

"Okay see you then."

I hung up and put on running shorts and a muscle tee then went down stairs to look for food. I decided to eat some granola with milk and brought it to the living room so I could watch TV while I ate. Maddie came entered the living room.

"How was your date with that girl?" She asked while sitting down beside me.

I rolled my eyes at her. Before I could say anything, Steph came into the room.

"You went on a date? With that blonde girl you were with? Is she even gay? She looked straight as a pole to me." Steph said while joining us in the couch.

"Okay from what I know of, it was NOT a date." I said confidently. "And apparently she's bisexual but that's irrelevant."

"Mhm totally from the way she was looking at you and all up on you spoke differently. And that poster? 'No one can stop MY GIRL #11' totally means she's into you." Maddie said stressing out the part where Kayla put 'my girl' on the poster.

"Bisexuals are trouble." Steph warned while Maddie nodded in agreement. I ignored her comment since she and Maddie had bad experiences with bisexuals.

"You could always just have a little fun with her you know?" Maddie said while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Maddie do not encourage her to break more hearts. She already rejects basically every girl that hits on her and already a big enough heart breaker." Steph says in a stern tone.

"Whatever. I'm going out with Elise. I'll be back before 7 in time for dinner." Maddie said while getting up.

"I'm going hiking with Kayla." I said as I walked toward the kitchen to put my bowl in dishwasher.

"Wow Kayla is kinky as hell, she wants to hook up with you in the woods?" Maddie says while smirking.

I gave Maddie a punch while Steph just laughed. "You guys are like children," I mumbled.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and Steph went to answer it.

"Christy! You have a visitor."

I walked toward the front door and it was no other than the Kayla Owens. I took a deep take of her body. Her legs were tan and nicely toned from all the soccer she played. She wore a muscle tee also and had nicely toned arms. I smiled and walked toward her.

"Steph this is Kalya. You guys kinda met at the basketball game Friday."

"Hi! It's nice to finally formally meet you." Kayla says while extending her hand out for a handshake while giving her a smile.

Before Steph can say anything, Maddie runs into the room like an angry bull. "GET THAT PUSSY CHRISTY."

Steph rolled her eyes. "I'd like to apologize for Maddie's behavior. Have fun you two! While shooting Kayla and I out of the house."

"Some family you have." Kayla said while laughing.

"Thanks." I say as I roll my eyes.

Kayla opens the car door for me and I smile a thank you and get in.

She gets in her car and starts driving toward the Marin Headlands, a 30 minute drive.

The car ride was full of us screaming along to songs, jokes, and of course Kayla trying to flirt with me.

Every time Kayla would flirt with me, I always wondered if she was being serious or not so I often concluded she was just joking around and didn't mean anything she said. I mean this is Kayla Owens you're talking about. Half the school is in love with her and I know it's true because I've seen the way guys and girls look at her in the hallway. So why would she choose a random basketball player?

We reach our destination and Kayla climbs out and goes to the trunk and takes out a backpack. We start hiking up the trail. Kayla insisted on going up the harder trail but for an all around athlete that is currently in the middle of their season, I was so tired and weren't even halfway done with the trail.

I decided to sit down in the middle of the trail. "Kayla I am so freaking tired." I complained as I laid on the trail.

Kayla laughed at me and took a big picnic blanket out of her backpack and laid it down. "I knew you would get tired so I brought this. Let's take a rest break and have a snack."

"YES FOOD!" I basically screamed as Kayla handed a sandwich, chips, and a bottle of water to me.

Kayla laughed as she saw me take a huge bite out of the sandwich. I moaned at the flavors that exploded throughout my mouth.

"What is in the heavenly sandwich?!" I asked while stuffing another bite into my mouth.

Kayla giggled,"You're so cute oh my god. Well it's my maid's secret pastrami recipe with a wee bit of mustard."

"You have a maid?! And one that can cook the food made for the heavens?!" I said with a mouthful of food.

"Yes I do you big dork." Kayla said while poking my cheek.

We finished our food in silence with the occasional flirt from Kayla.

"Come on, let's start going up again" Kayla said as she started to pack up.

"Ugh I don't want to. It's such a hard trail." I said while laying down and stretching arms and legs like a cat.

"I have more food we can eat after the reach the top."

I jumped up and folded the picnic blanket for and handed it to her. "Well then let's go!" I said while almost running up the trail.

I heard Kayla laugh and run after me. Along the way, our fingers sometimes brushed against each other and I felt a tingling sensation every time they did but I ignored it.

When we reached the top, boy was this hike worth it. The landscape was absolutely beautiful. The trees, hills, and river running down the side of the mountain made it look like something you see on a postcard.

"Wow it's beautiful."

"Just like you."

"Okay Kayla your jokes aren't funny anymore." I said in a serious tone.

"Jokes? What jokes? What do you mean?" She asked me with a worried look on her face.

Shit I guess she wasn't joking