Chapter 35: Nope

Kayla's POV

I was absolutely terrified. Why would Christy suggest that we go to her house and hang out there? Her whole family hates me. She probably plans to kill me there or at least have them kill me.

"Baby how about we go to the movies? I mean like we could-"

"My house Kayla." Christy said with a soft smile. "Don't worry my family won't do anything crazy."

"But baby-"

"My house Kay." Christy said without looking up from my phone.  She already knew I was going to comply.

"Okay fine." I grumbled as I started the car and headed toward Christy's house.

On the way there, I was terrified. I knew Christy's siblings were nowhere as forgiving as Christy was. They were firecely protective of Christy and had every right to be, especially over me, I hurt Christy. God I'm so lucky that she decided to give me a second chance though.

"Christy I'm afraid of what your family might do to something since you know, I cheated on you." I said softly while looking at my lap.

"They won't do anything. I won't let them." She said as she placed her hand on top of mine. She leaned in and kissed me softly on the lips for a brief moment. "Come on, let's go." She said and got out of the car.

"Ugh baby can we please-" I whined before Christy cut me off.

"Come on babe. It'll be fine. Come on." Christy said as she got out of the car.

I groaned before I got out of the car and followed behind Christy. I grabbed her arm and stopped her.  "Okay Christy. I'm actually completely terrified cause your sisters will probably beat my ass which I deserve but still I don't want to get my ass beat."

Christy grabbed my hands and held them. "Okay I can see you're really scared. I'm sorry. We can head over to your house if you want?"

I took a deep breath. "No, let's do this. I just needed to get it off my chest. Come on baby." 

Christy unlocked the door and stepped inside. 

"Hey Christy!" Steph said warmly. 

As soon as I stepped in, there was a tense feeling in the air.

"Kayla." Maddie said in a monotone voice. She was sitting in the arm chair watching TV with Steph and Katelyn. 

"Hey guys...nice to see you all again." I said awkwardly with a small smile.

None of them said anything and just stared back at me.

"Guys be nice." Christy said sternly.

"Johnson household only meeting in the other room please." Steph said as she got up and walked into the kitchen.

Everyone walked into the kitchen except for me, I was sitting down on the living room sofa looking like a lost puppy.

Not sure if you all know this, but the kitchen isn't necessarily a separte room in the Johnson house, there's literally a wall separating the two rooms but no door so I heard everything.

"Why are you guys doing this?" Christy asked asked, irritated. 

"Why did you take back Kayla?" Maddie snapped back.

"Yeah, how is she any different than Carmen?" Steph asked in a slightly nicer tone.

"I don't know guys. I don't know. But I just took her back because I wanted to. We're not even official yet again so it doesn't really matter okay? We're just seeing how it goes from here." Chrity told them.