Chapter 19: Championships

Christy's POV

The coach gave us passes to leave at lunch the day of championships. Kayla wanted to leave with us but I told her no since there was no point, the game started at 5 and the whole time we would be going over plays, warm ups, and have mediation sessions.

The game was at the local university's basketball court. I was currently sitting in the clubhouse listening to music from my headphones. I was already wearing my jersey and shoes and I was pulling my compression leggings down so they would reach my knees. The assistant coach came out into the clubhouse and told us to head out to the gym and start shooting.

We shot around and did drills for about an hour and it was still only 3. School has just been let out and I looked around and people already started sitting down on the stands trying to get good seats. Then I saw Kayla, Steph, Maddie, Charlotte, and Katelyn walk into the court together.

I looked to see the coach wasn't looking and sprinted toward them. I saw that Steph, Maddie, and Kayla were all carrying posters and I rolled my eyes. Oh god.

"Damn look at my girl." Kayla said and she pulled me by my waist and kissed me.

Everyone said hi and it was a very quick encounter since I had to go warm up some more.

"Better kick some ass baby sis." Steph said as she ruffled my hair.

"I want 3 three pointers okay?" Katelyn said as she wrapped her arm around Steph.

"Break some ankles." Maddie patted me on the back.

I jogged back onto the court and we warmed up for another 30 minutes before the coach called us to go back into the clubhouse. When the whole team was in the clubhouse, he started speaking.

"This is it ladies. We worked hard all year for this. Let's not put it all to waste. All the sweat, tears, and miles that we ran finally paid off. Let's get out there and execute what we do best. Focus on the fundamentals. Don't rush anything and play smart basketball."

I stood up and put my hand in the middle for the break. "REBELS ON THREE. ONE, TWO, THREE."

"REBELS!" The team chanted and we ran out of the clubhouse and started doing our pre game warm up. We were playing the Dawson Spartans again and I'm sure they'll be out for revenge since we beat them in the regular season by one.

When it was tip off time, the whole gym was packed with people.

"Let's go Rebels!" My teammate Amber said as we walked onto the court.

The crowd was screaming and full of energy.

The ref threw the ball up and my teammate tipped the ball toward me and I caught the ball and dribbled straight toward the basket and shot a lay up.

The game was just back and forth like that for the first quarter until I started hitting my threes. I was hitting three pointer after three pointer and because of that, my team had an 15-0 run in three minutes.

The Spartan coach attempted to stop our run by calling a timeout by we were already up by 13. The score was 45-32.

"WOAH WE GOT STEPH CURRY OUT HERE." Maddie screamed from the stands.

That got the crowd worked up and during the time out, half the crowd was singing 0-100 by Drake.

"Then shoot a motherfuckin' lay up,

I been Steph Curry with the shot,

Been cookin' wit the sauce, Chef Curry with the pot BOI!

360 with the wrist, BOI." The crowd chanted during the time out.