Chapter 10: A date?

Kayla's POV

After that little make out session we had in the locker room (which was great I should meet up with her again after our practices) I decided it was time to go home since it was still a Monday and we had school tomorrow.

I drove Christy home after that little locker room incident. As we drove home we sang along to the radio. I pulled up to her house.

"When's your next game?"

"Wednesday at home."

"And championships at the stadium next Friday?"

"Yep."

"There's a party on Friday. Are you going?"

"Um yeah I'm going with a few of my friends actually." Christy said in an apologetic tone.

"Oh no that's okay I was just wondering if you were going."

"We can meet up there."

"True. Enough with this." I said sternly.

"Enough of what?" Christy asked with wide eyes.

"Let's go on a date. Saturday night. Dress nicely, I'm taking you out for dinner. I'll pick you up at 6." I said confidently. It was time we went on a proper date to get to know each other. We weren't officially dating and haven't been on an actual date.

Christy smiled and turned a deep shade of red. Then she started blabbing extremely fast."Okay but what kind of nice are you talking about like semi-formal or like formal formal because I don't really have anything nice and-".

I leaned in a kissed her to make her stop talking. Even though it was cute, she was worrying too much.

"Well the place we're going to is a steakhouse so I guess dress somewhat formally? You should ask Maddie or Steph to help-"

"Wait a steakhouse? That's like super expensive and I don't think I could afford-"

I cut her off right away. "Babe, I asked you out on this date so that means I'm going to pay for you."

"Wait no I don't want you to pay for some super expensive meal for-" Christy argued.

"I want to okay? Don't look at it that way okay? Besides it'll be me trying to win you over so it will be totally worth it." I argued. I was starting to grow a suspicion that she didn't want to go on this date and I should probably back off.

"But you don't have to take me to some fancy restaurant to win me over. You could just take me to chipotle again and I'd be happy."

Aw that made me really happy and it caused me to smile like an idiot.

"I'm taking you to the steakhouse and that's that okay? It's all on me okay? Besides I want to see your cute ass in a dress and heels." I said while licking my lips. Imagining Christy in a dress made me laugh since she wasn't a girly girl but at the same time turned me on since Christy would look extremely hot in a dress.

"Okay fine. But next time we're going to go somewhere of my choice," she argued while giving me stern look.

"There's already going to be a second date and I didn't even take you on the first one yet?" I asked cockily.

Christy's face turned red and I laughed. I loved that I had that effect on her. I never seen her like this, she kept this image of this bad ass basketball player (which she is) but acted like someone who didn't want to date anyone. Guess I'm going to break her out of her shell.

"Come here." I said while pulling her into a deep kiss. Before the kiss would turn into a make out session, I pulled apart. There were a few seconds of silence.

"Thanks for the ride." Christy blurted out.

"Anytime." I said with a smile. What a complete dork. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yes for sure. Bye Kayla."

"Bye Christy."

I watched as she walked into her house before I drove away. I had to buy a dress that'll make Christy drool the second she sees me and at the same time fall head over heels for me.

Christy's POV

I had a date. With Kayla Owens. The Kayla Owens. The Kayla Owen's who the whole school was drooling over. AND she asked ME out. I could swear this was a dream.

"You look happy. What's got you all bubbly?" Steph asked while flipping through her magazine.

"Remember Kayla? The one who made me a poster that one game? She asked me out on a date."

Steph looked up from her magazine.

"Let me see a picture of her." Katelyn said while walking out of the kitchen. She walked over to the couch to lean over and give Steph a kiss before sitting down next to her.

I showed her a picture of Kayla and she nodded in approval.

"Not bad. Looks like the Johnson sisters have great taste in women. I mean look Steph picked me." Katelyn said cockily.

"Get outta here." Steph said as she pushed her girlfriend away from her.

I rolled my eyes at them. "I also need help picking an outfit. Kayla said she's taking me to some fancy steakhouse."

"Ask Maddie for outfit help since she's basically your size. Katelyn and I will help with your hair and makeup."

"Woah woah woah I never said anything about makeup, I just said I needed help picking an outfit." I am NOT wearing make up. I don't know how to not smear it everywhere or make it stay. I didn't even know the difference between concealer and foundation.

"If you're going to dress up you might as well do your makeup too." Katelyn said. "Besides it'll be fun! I never seen you in make up."

I rolled my eyes. I knew there was no way I was going to get out of this. At least they knew what they were doing.

I walked to my room and laid on the bed. Oh god everyone's blowing this date up as if it was a big deal.