Chapter 16: Meeting the family

Christy's POV

"Yes! Yes! Come on!" I screamed.

"Mmmmm!"

"Come on Kayla, faster damn it!"

"I'm going as fast as I can!!"

"FASTER!"

I groaned and threw my controller on the floor as TV screen said game over. This was the 5th time Kayla and I lost in Call of Duty mode. I flopped back onto the bed as Kayla laid next to me laughing.

"Sorry babe, maybe this isn't my thing." She gave me a kiss on the cheek as she laughed.

"You suck." I stuck out my tongue at her and she just pulled me into her arms.

"Okay but that could be a good thing in another context." She had a smirk on her face and I blushed slightly.

Kayla asked me to be her girlfriend a couple hours ago in which I said yes because it just felt so right. Plus she asked me with the cookies we made together (which were so good by the way), and honestly it was so cute too. I was so surprised when she did cause I wasn't expecting her to ask me, I was honestly starting to think of ideas of how I could ask her but she did it. Now we were laying on her bed and playing video games. We played Black Ops Survival mode for a while but Kayla sucked at it.

Now that we lost for the 5th time, we were just laying in bed doing nothing.

"Show me what music you listen to." Kayla suddenly said as she sat up.

"Why?"

"Cause I wanna know what my girl listens to so we can go to concerts together." She smiled at me and leaned in to give me a kiss.

"But you might not like the type of music I listen to."

"Who cares? Even if I don't I still want to know what type of music you listen to. I always wanna learn new things about my girl." Kayla pulled me into her arms and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Okay pass me my phone." I told her as she grabbed my phone and handed it to me. I started scrolling through my phone and decided to play softer. I tapped the song and the song started playing. "The band that sings this song is called 'Neck Deep.'"

"I've had a steady stream of lonely nights,

For the past few weeks in this room

I'm locked away from it all

Just need a break from the walls that close me in

I'll see this outstanding on pins

I'll fall asleep with my eyes open

Just to see if I could focus

On something more than my loneliness

None of my friends seem to give a shit about the way I am "

I paused it and looked at Kayla and watched as the lyrics of the song really sank into her.

"Do you relate to these lyrics?" Kayla said as she held me tighter and closer.

"Well yeah I mean that's why I listen to them."

"I don't know what to say."

"It's okay I only feel like that once in awhile. Besides it's pretty catchy too and fun to sing along. You play one of your songs now." I rubbed her arm in reassurance to make sure she wouldn't overthink it.

She pulled out her phone and scrolled a bit before picking a song.

"But where I used to see beauty, now I just see pathetic