Chapter 21

(Pokemon is not mine. The picture above is a screenshot from the anime.
"talking"
'thinking'
-pokespeech-
Enjoy!)

It had been a few days and Team Rocket had come around snooping about Team Flare in the area. Ash had worried and asked if they needed a hand to which the trio waved off, but an extra eye out would be appreciated. When Clemont, Bonnie and Serena caught up with Ash he was waving good bye to the trio who disappeared into the crowded street. It looked like Serena got a Pancham to join her while he was talking to Team Rocket.

Serena was curious, "Who were they?"

Ash, "Very old friends. I will introduce you to them one day."

Clemont, "How long have you known them?"

Ash hummed, "Since I first started my journey. We run into each other a lot."

Bonnie, "They sound like really nice people."

Ash smiled, "They are... Too bad the world does not think so."

Serena, "Huh? Why?"

Ash sighed, "They made a few mistakes in the past and now a few people hold a grudge against them."

Clemont, "But everyone makes mistakes. Isn't that kind of hypocritical?"

Ash, "Yes, but what can we do? There is just no helping some people. Anyways we should get going."

Bonnie, "Okay! But you will introduce us to them right?"

Ash grinned, "Sure!"

While Ash and his friends were on the way to Cyllage City, Ash explained how he prepared for contests. Serena listened attentively and made diligent notes on what she and her Pokemon could use. She then decided to practice the moves that Fenekin and Pancham knew and master them. The three of them trained and practiced the moves for days while Ash practiced battling with Clemont. Jessie, James and Meowth on the other hand ran across a smuggler and may have gone a bit out of hand in catching him.

Ash and his friends were training near by when they heard the commotion and rushed to figure out what was going on. Ash took stock of the situation and told Pikachu to use agility to sneak close and use iron tail on the cages. The electric type nodded and did exactly that while Ash motioned for Bonnie to get Officer Jenny as fast as she could. He then got Clemont and Serena to sneak closer to the Pokemon with him and get them away from that area.

The two blonds nodded and hushed the Pokemon before sneaking them away and started to treat them. The trio on the other hand brought the smuggler down and Bonnie reached them with the cops. Officer Jenny thanked them for their help and after the cops left Ash introduced them to each other. Bonnie was gushing over Meowth being able to talk and asked if he was a Psychic. James and Jessie laughed at that and said Meowth is from Kanto not Alola.

Meowth grinned, "Tanks fr da complimnt doh kit!"

Bonnie, "But how?"

Ash, "Nothing is impossible if you put your heart, mind and determination to it."

Clemont was gushing, "Still this is amazing."

Serena was staring wide eyed, "It would be so awesome if we could communicate with Pokemon."

Meowth grinned and they talked till it was time for them to move on for the next assignment in a different city. Serena sighed, talking to an older woman had been really nice especially about her feelings. She had a crush on Ash, ever since he had helped her, but she knew Ash loved someone else very deeply. Not to forget, over the last few days she had started to notice how sweet Clemont was and how nice he always is towards her. Also the way Clemont was always patient with Bonnie, Serena found that very attractive and felt guilty about feeling attractive.