𝐕𝟏: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 - 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝

Well, let's get to this chapter. It's basically the chess match, but I wanted to try to make it at least 5,000 words.

The idea is that the "main" chapters have 10,000 words while the others have at least 5,000 words.

Well, I managed at least 6,200 words in this chapter, I think it looks pretty interesting.

Don't forget to leave your comment at the end, or on parts that you found interesting. Your comments make me excited to write more and more.

Don't forget to star if you liked the chapter :)

Without further ado, stay with the chapter!

Note: Don't forget to read the NOTES at the end of the chapter.

"The field of defeat is not peopled with failures, but with men who fell before they won."

Sora's Pov:

All the pieces of the chessboard were arranged smoothly.

Shiro was sitting next to me while Ayanokouji was sitting in front.

"Are you sure you want to keep the black pieces, Ayanokouji?" I couldn't help but ask.

Usually, the one who starts with the white pieces has a slight advantage on the board by having the first move and since it is one against two, it is only fair that he should have the first move. Chess can be quite simple for people who have played for a long time, but the stamina to withstand the mental stress is very important, and again, it is one against two, so he is at a disadvantage in that as well.

Does he have some kind of tactics, or is it just overconfidence? If he's really confident that he can beat both of us easily, then he's going to suffer a pretty humiliating defeat. But seeing his face, it doesn't look like that.

Shiro next to me was staring at him, waiting for his response, which didn't take long.

"Yes. I think I'll be able to play easier with the black pieces, it's not because I'm underestimating you or anything like that."

I still didn't quite understand, but if he feels comfortable playing with the black pieces who am I to say otherwise? Also, I am very curious to see if Ayanokouji is like Shiro. In fact, a part of me wants him to really be just like her.

According to what our classroom teacher said, our class is made up of "geniuses," but clearly they are not all geniuses. An example of this is myself. I am no genius, I have tried very hard to be able to stand next to Shiro, but still I don't feel that I am really next to her.

Of course my classmates can be considered "geniuses" in specific subjects, but I can't imagine a class composed of true geniuses. Why refer to us as "geniuses"? However, if there is one person that I am sure is definitely a genius, excluding Shiro, it is our classroom teacher.

Seeing that Ayanokouji was ready, I sent a glance to Shiro. She understood and began to move her hand to a white pawn. Shiro was able to beat several machines designed to defeat the chess masters themselves 20 times in a row without losing a single game. The reason for this is that the machines always make the best move, so it is easy to predict the moves the computer will make.

Well, technically, the best chess player in the world is no longer human. In the eyes of many, computers are the best chess players there are. And the reason for this is simple, computers are very good at doing calculations with closed systems.