ℍ𝕖𝕖𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕟𝕘: Washing Machine Heart

A/n: Mitski is so slay. I had a whole era of obsession with like Mitski, The Neighborhood, and Arctic Monkeys. Thought I was Grunge.

Slight Angst. (Wrote it at 1am) so I don't really like it but it's been done for a while 🤷🏻‍♀️

IM BACK. If y'all didn't know I've been moving across America with my whole fam. No free time.

BUT IM BACKKKK! I should have posted I'm sorry 😢
_________________________________

BUT IM BACKKKK! I should have posted I'm sorry 😢 _________________________________

Heeseung was the love of Y/n's life. But she couldn't be sure she was the love of his.

He came home late and Y/n carefully chose her words as to not cause an argument.

She knew this wasn't healthy but he wasn't always like this and she hoped it was all just too much stress at the office lately.

He did tell her he got promoted to a harder position. So it was only natural he was stressed and snappy.

No matter what Y/n was still going to be a nice person. She loved him.

Deciding since it was a Friday night she would do a Little makeup and make a nice candlelit dinner.

Heeseung promised to come home earlier that night and Y/n excitedly made his favorite dish.

Glancing at the clock every minute she was almost shaking from excitement.

When doing her makeup she applied a lipstick she bought recently. It wasn't anything special but hopefully he'd take notice.

It was always something he said, "Your makeup is pretty today. I love the color on your lips."

Smiling from the old memories she set the lipstick tube down and went to set the table. He would be home at 9 and it was 8:30.

Lighting the candles at 9 exactly she sat down at the counter to welcome him into the house.

-9:05-

"Well he always sits in the car a bit before coming in. So no need to worry." Y/n blew the candles out to save the wax.

-9:10-

Glancing at the clock she worried a bit. There was a light tapping noise so she checked the window. "Oh Rain. He must be driving carefully." Y/n sadly smiled.

-9:15-

There was a jingle at the door and Y/n stood up quickly running to the doorway.

Heeseung walked in drenched from the rain, "Hello love."

"Hi. Dinners ready." Y/n smiled full heartedly at Heeseung.

He glanced over and nodded hanging his coat. Y/n held his arm and lead him to the Dining room.

"You look nice tonight."

"Thank you. I wanted it to be special."

Heeseung sat at his chair and Y/n lit the candles.

They started eating and Y/n couldn't help but feel off. There was no conversation. He didn't mention anything except her looking nice and he wouldn't make eye contact.

"Y/n, do you know any way to clean shoes? My work ones got muddy from the rain."

"Oh. I could find something. I'm pretty sure there was a way with the washing machine."

"Alright. Thank you honey."

"It's no problem."

Y/n looked down at her food instead of Heeseung now. It wasn't like he did anything wrong but she was suddenly disappointed in him.

-After dinner-

Heeseung walked into their room and found pajamas to wear after his shower.

"Getting in the shower now."

"Alright."

Y/n tried reading but she couldn't focus on the book at all. She closed it and put it on the table. Resting on her hand she looked out her window watching the street light illuminated raindrops race each other to the bottom of the pane.

Her eyes began to tear up but she quickly wiped them away tilting her head back.

Hearing the water from the shower stop she put her book back on the shelf and sat on her side of the bed.

Coming out with wet hair Heeseung asked, "Could you dry my hair?"

Y/n nodded and walked into the bathroom grabbing the blow dryer and turning it on.

Afterwards they both walked back into the room and laid down. Y/n looked at Heeseung and asked, "Will you kiss me?"

Heeseung turned over and said, "I haven't? That's funny."

"Please?"

Heeseung smiled and looked at Y/n's features then leaned in giving her a small peck before turning to lay on his back.

Y/n sighed and turned looking away from him. Closing her eyes tightly she ignored her thoughts and tried falling asleep.

Heeseung fell asleep quickly. Y/n quietly stared at the doorway and down the hall to the washing machine, "Clean your dirty shoes yourself. Why am I the only one doing anything?"

"Why not me? Why can't I be happy?"

Y/n closed her eyes again and fell asleep.

_________________________________
771 words