September 13th 1986

5:23 AM

Erick got Me and Duck up at 4:25 AM because he thinks that we should get going early so we might have more time to search around the island for survivors. As much as I hated getting up that early in the morning, he had a pretty good idea. We gathered all our supplies and shovelled some coal into Duck's firebox, and we left the shed. Our plan is to check Tidmouth sheds or Crovan's gate to see if we can find other engines, and hopefully survivors. We've stopped to get more coal and water for Duck, which is why I'm currently writing this. We seem pretty close to the sheds, so we're going to go check them out first. After that we'll try to make our way to Cronk and have a rest there before we continue our journey. Hopefully this all goes well.

5:49 AM

I know it's been 26 minutes, but damn, what we found was terrifying. We stopped at the sheds, and saw that somebody was here before us. The turntable seemed to be jammed by some trucks, and there was a bit of blood on the ground. Only one shed door was closed, so we decided to take a look. To our surprise, Emily was in there, and damn was she fucked up. She must've tried fleeing to the sheds but couldn't close the doors in time. Her eyes were pitch black, and seemed like they were tore open slightly. Her jaw was dislocated and her mouth was hanging open, and was also surprisingly pitch black. To make things worse, while we were leaving, grey pupils suddenly appeared in her eyes. Her mouth, at least what was left of it was mumbling what sound to be a muffled "Help". Erick was going to put her out of her misery. He pulled out his pistol, and pulled the trigger to hear just a click. Damn thing was out of ammunition. So we left the poor standard gauge tender locomotive to rest. Duck felt extremely guilty, despite nothing being his fault. We're heading to Cronk now, hopefully we can get there before night comes.

7:18 AM

Finally, some good news... and some bad. While we were continuing our journey, Erick remembered that there was a signal box up ahead. We could switch off to Brendam Docks while on our way to Cronk, so we decided to stop by there first and grab some supplies. And to our fortune, when we arrived we heard the voice of the dockyard diesel, Salty himself. However, Cranky had fell over, and we couldn't get past him. Cranky was also horribly messed up. His eyes were blood red with fully blacked out pupils, and his mouth seemed like it was sewn shut. Salty was on the other side of poor Cranky and we couldn't get over to him. We asked Salty how he was unaffected by the cloud. Apparently, Salty was working at the Quarry before the leak, and took shelter with Mavis when it did occur. When the cloud had past, he decided to check the docks for survivors. However, Mavis didn't come claiming that she'd die if she went, so Salty went alone. As he left the shed he called for Bill and Ben, but there was no response. He had also made somewhat of a shield with left over wood, and had painted battle marks or something on his face. Salty said he was going to visit the quarry again to see if Mavis was still alright, so we said our goodbyes and grabbed some supplies before we left. We found some food and water, and even found some pistol cartridges. But it really feels good knowing that somebody else is alive, gives you some hope, y'know?

3:18 PM

Looks like bad news struck us again. When we arrived we found that the bridge had collapsed, blocking our path. To our dismay, there were the corpses of Dennis the diesel, and Molly the tender engine. From what the scene looked like, it appears Molly was passing over the bridge and Dennis was passing under, when it broke crushing Dennis and breaking Molly's entire face, killing her. I guess since we didn't really had any memories with them, we weren't sad, but did feel a little upset for the two. Me and Erick are currently looking for a way around the rubble while Duck stays on guard. Hopefully we can get pass it quickly, I really don't want to take any chances.

4:42 PM

We were able to push enough rubble out of the way for Duck to just go through, but man did it take long! It took us a full fucking hour to make a path, and we aren't even familiar with the area. We luckily found a shed and tucked Duck into it, we'll go to Corvan's gate tomorrow morning. We'll leave before dawn. For now, Erick will be looking around scouting out locations for us, and I'll be looking for supplies. I'm extremely exhausted so I'll try to hurry up and get it done.

6:59 PM

Me and Erick have finished our tasks, and Duck is fortunately still alive. From what we have, we can probably last 3 days before we need supplies again, but we'll still grab some if we get the chance. I don't want to write much so I'm gonna rest for a bit. Then we will figure out what we might be doing tomorrow besides going to Corvan's gate.

8:19 PM

I'm awake again because I thought I heard the sounds of another engine, but I couldn't spot them. They must've left before we could spot them. I think I'm just being paranoid, I'm going to go to sleep now. I'll be back in the morning.