September 14th 1986

4:12 AM

I know it's pretty early, but holy shit am I ecstatic right now. Me, Duck, and Erick were resting, when we heard the familiar whistle. We all knew who's whistle that was. Thomas the tank engine. We were all shocked when he pulled up to our sheds. He had some type of grey smoke around his blurry eyes, and had a cut on his left cheek, but damn we were glad to see him. Just when we were about to question him, like where he was during the cloud, he immediately asked us if we have seen James. We were confused, and asked him to repeat himself, and he told us the same thing. We replied "no" since we haven't seen anyone but Salty and Cranky, which made Thomas look even more sad. He told us he was going to head to the Ironworks to check for survivors. We told him we'd go with him to make sure he would be safe, so now we've teamed up with him. I'll update you once we're done the search in the Ironworks.

5:13 AM

Well, there goes everyone's good moods. When we arrived at the Ironworks, it was a complete ghost town. Well, besides the corpses of three very familiar diesels. Two of them were the Ironwork twins, Arry and Bert. Their faces seemed to be shredded up, and scratch marks were all over their bodies. The other corpse was none other than Duck's nemesis himself, Diesel. He had buzzsaws attached to him, and one was rammed right in the center of his face. Both Duck and Thomas didn't feel too bad, as they only had bad memories with him. However, once we went further in, we found something devastating. There was only one blue express engine on this island, and we knew Gordon was lost. There was a massive hole in the middle of his face, which looked like someone had done it them self. Not only that, but his entire body looked like it had been crushed. What kind of being would do such a terrible, horrific thing? Duck felt extremely guilty, as his last memory with Gordon was the two arguing. Thomas burst into tears, sobbing and saying that it was all his fault. We decided to leave because Duck was getting déjà-vu. May Gordon Rest In Peace, just hope that this nightmare will end soon.

6:24 AM

So we had some bad news, let's bring in some good news! Just while we were preparing to leave and start the journey to Crovan's gate, when Salty pulled up right beside us! He said that he found some nearby fuel tankers, and decided to put cranky out of his misery. in which doing so would also give him a way to us. So now we have a party of three engines, and 5 crew members! Oh, I forgot to mention Thomas' crew members. His driver is a man named "Russel", and his fireman is a man named "Chase". Salty's driver is a woman named "Amanda." So now we've set off for Crovan's gate once again. Everyone was prepared, let's hope for the best.

10:39 AM

After a long travel, we finally reached Crovan's gate. The plan was simple, check up on the little engines, see if we can find survivors, then leave. We pulled up to see, all of the engines were fine! Skarloey, Rheneas, Sir Handle, all of them! Even Duke was okay, well, at least he mostly seems. He looked calm, but was rather silent and wouldn't talk to us. We then noticed Duncan, and boy did he look rough. It looked like he had seen something everyone else hasn't. According to them, the cloud disappeared before it could reach them. Unfortunately they don't know if there are any human survivors. Looking for survivors sure is a pain in the ass. We said our goodbyes to the little engines as we began to steam away, and they said theirs. Well, apart from Duncan, who seemed half crazed by whatever he seen. Duncan wanted to come but he couldn't as the rails were standard gauge up the line where we were heading. Duncan had a fit, and Peter Sam suggested we leave, and so we did. We decided to make a plan to find more engines. We'd split up around Brendam, with Salty going to check the China Clay pits to look for Bill and Ben, while Duck and Thomas search through the branch lines. This might be dangerous, but it's best we do it now to not waste time.

12:56 PM

Won't write much since we're trying to focus on something. We did split up at Brendam docks, when suddenly, James rushed by without saying anything! We decided to give chase to try and convince him to join us. But now we've lost him so we're trying to find him again. I hope he didn't go TOO far.

1:24 PM

Well... shit. While we were looking for James, we asked Thomas about where he was when the leak happened. He told us he was already heading for his shed when he heard the alarms. He was quickly able to get to his shed, and shortly after James joined him, claiming to see a large cloud in the near distance. They formed an alliance until the nightmare was over, but it didn't last long. They decided to look for other engines when the cloud was over, so they decided to look in the sheds first, and man... did they regret it. Turns out, they were the ones who arrived at the sheds before us, and they found the dying Emily. Both of them were devastated, but they decided to leave Emily to rest. They jammed the turntable so nobody else get see her like that. When they got back however, James snapped at Thomas saying how it was all his fault for letting Emily succumb to a mutation like that. They got into a very heated argument, and ended it with James leaving. Thomas was too upset to realize his mistake, and only looked for him the next day. We felt sorry for Thomas as most of his friends are dead, mutated, or missing. I think we're getting close to James, the points have been left pointing a certain way. I'll update when we find James.

2:40 PM

Well, we found James alright, but not exactly in the same shape we expected to find him in. James was completely wrecked, his jaw was ripped off, and his body looked like somebody had beat the living shit out of him. He was barely alive, his breaths were short, and you could just see the pain he was in through his eyes. His driver and fireman, Robert and Kevin, explained how after they left Thomas, their goal was to get onto the mainline and away from this hellhole. However, while they were leaving shortly after we encountered them, Percy started chasing them down the line. Except, this wasn't Percy. Oh no, definitely not. He his eyes were pure white, and had very light grey pupils. And his mouth seemed to no longer be there, and replaced with a huge, gaping hole. And to make him even more terrifying, a long, sharp tongue came out of the hole. They eventually did outrun him, but didn't realize the tar tanks in front of them, and crashed right into them, derailing James. Everyone was slaughtered, except Robert and Kevin who stayed in James' cab. This... "creature" was just about to finish James, when suddenly Edward raced by. Except, Edward's eyes seemed to be on fire. So did his wheels. "Percy" decided to go after Edward instead, leaving James to die. And that's it for James' story. Nobody could bring themselves to kill James, so we decided to leave him to die. We were ready to leave, but Thomas wouldn't budge. We tried to convince him, but he wouldn't even move an inch. He requested to say some final words to James before they left, so we allowed it. My pen is starting to run out of ink, so I'll have to get a new one later. Poor Thomas, though.

9:05 PM

I've acquired a new pen, so I'll try my best to write what happened after... well, y'know. We were heading down the line when we met up with Salty again. Salty had actually found Scruffy, the "leader" of the troublesome trucks. So now we're using him to hold supplies. Now we're heading to Callan to see if we can find Douglas. Duck started sobbing after he heard this, since he still remembers how he failed to warn Donald. It's gonna be hard telling Douglas, since he was Donald's twin brother. We've stopped at wellsworth to rest up. Too bad we have that "creature" to worry about now. But the creature seems to be blind so as long as we stay silent, we'll be fine. I'm going to sleep now, this day has been crazy.