September 18th 1986

8:45 AM

I woke up about an hour ago to voices, so I went outside to check. Thomas and Stephany were talking about good times while watching the sun rise. I decided to go over there with them and their crew since they had small fire going. I sat down and Russel offered me some coffee. Normally I wouldn't mention small details such as this, but that coffee was pretty damn good. I then noticed Bailey, who was working on something. Chase told me he was making some dynamite arrows. Good for us, but I doubt any of us can handle a bow apart from Bailey. I don't know much, but I know it takes time to become good with one. We heard chuffing behind us, and Douglass was pulling Salty over to us. He said he just wanted to talk with us since Donald was asleep, and Douglass didn't much want to talk after yesterday. But, some good news is Amanda has been working on Salty's engine, and he should be back in service again by tomorrow. Duck and Rosie then puffed over to us, with Tilly and Carter hopping out of her cab, and Erick out of Duck's. I decided to go wake Donald and his crew up so we could all start planning what we'll do for today. We're going to head back up to Crovan's gate at about 9:30AM. We found some flat cars near Brendam, so we're going to use those to bring the little engines back with us since they can't hold out on their own up there. It's a simple plan. Nothing can go horribly wrong this time. I hope.

11:26 AM

The one plan I figured couldn't go wrong went horrible. We arrived at Crovan's gate to see Duncan had returned. He was pretty bruised, but other than that he was fine. We got the flat cars and quickly began loading the engines up. Something fell out of Bailey's satchel. A box of rifle cartridges. We noticed there was a hole in Bailey's satchel, but we didn't take much notice. We only had Duncan and Skarloey loaded up, when we heard distant growling, and a motor. We all grabbed our weapons and prepared. The thing rounded the bend, and it was terrifying. A horribly mutated Diesel 10, a diesel engine that had a claw attached to his top, rounded the bend. He had 3 eyes, a twisted mouth, and was oozing green pus from his face. We all started firing at the diesel, but to no avail. He shot past us, and rammed into Duck. I quickly ran to the engine as Bailey and Carter drew attention off us. The diesel went back for them as everyone opened fire on the diesel again. We then noticed Rusty, trying to make an escape. He derailed near some fuel tanks, but the real trouble was the little diesel was leaking fuel himself. He called out for help, and Stephany's crew rushed over to him. Diesel 10 then took notice to something on the ground. My eyes went wide when I found out what it was. It was a grenade that had fallen out of Bailey's satchel. The pin dropped out of it, and the diesel threw the grenade. It landed right in Peter Sam's funnel, and we all knew the little engine was lost. But, he made one final mistake. He shot backwards to try to keep us from getting hurt, but the grenade went off as he was right next to Rusty and Stephany's crew. The explosion killed Peter Sam, Rusty, and Stephany's crew. Now with no one to control poor Stephany, Diesel 10 shot over to him, and jammed his claw right in the center of Stephany's face. We had lost Stephany now. Thomas yelled out a battle cry, and slammed into the back of Diesel 10, and the two engines couplings got tangled. Thomas pulled back Diesel 10 with all his might, allowing us to get more shots in his front. No matter what we did the diesel seemed immune to our bullets. The couplings between Thomas and Diesel 10 snapped, and the diesel went zooming off, but instead of coming back, he slammed into Rheneas. He took the poor little engine with him. His screams echoed, and were soon cut off. We knew what that meant. We loaded up Duke and Sir Handle, and quickly steamed off with Stephany's corpse back to our base.

1:01 PM

We arrived back at our base with the narrow gauge engines and Stephany's corpse. Duncan was crying during the entire journey back. Poor engine. We brought the narrow gauge engines to the sheds where the others were staying. Amanda joyfully announced Salty was repaired, but their happiness was cut short when they saw Stephany. We didn't know what to do with the engine apart from leave his corpse on a siding, so we did just that. We then started planning on taking out Diesel 10. We have too many threats now, and one needs to go. All do, but I only think can handle one at the moment. We made a plan. Donald and Douglass are going to go out and lure Diesel 10 to us. Then, they're going to switch off and direct Diesel 10's focus to Thomas. When he charges at Thomas, Erick is going to change the points in the signal box. That will make Diesel 10 switch off the line Thomas is on. Thomas is going to shoot forwards as Erick switches the point back. Then, Bailey is going to throw a lit stick of dynamite in a car of several explosives as Salty pushes the car into Diesel 10 before reversing. I don't see how this can go wrong, but all of our plans so far have. We will see... I guess.

4:18 PM

Our plan went off without a hitch. We took out Diesel 10. That's one less thing we have to worry about. However, we've come to a shocking revelation. Duncan kept muttering to himself. He was saying things like, "All my fault," and "I'm sorry." Skarloey began yelling at him. Demanding him to speak up. It seems the stress became too much for Duncan to handle, and he spit out his story. The story. The true story. What really happened on that day. At least some of it. Repairs of an old line began, and Duncan was a part of helping restore it. He met an engine while helping, but he won't tell us who. He said he helped an engine with a plan. Once again, he will not tell us what plan. That's all he told us. He was helping to repair an old line, and he helped someone with a plan. But, he didn't say an evil plan. So it still might be an accident. I don't know. He heavily apologized to Thomas, and Thomas just kept asking what he was apologizing for. The engines words soon were drowned out by his crying. We're going to get answers out of Duncan. No matter the cost.

5:58 PM

I think we've got the full story now. After a while of trying to get answers out of Duncan, Duke called us over. Him and Lady Hat had pieced together the story. Topham was making plans to repair the old Mid Sodor lines. Duke was head of operations. He then explained an engine called Smudger. An engine that was turned into a generator after wrecking too many times. Duncan said he found where Smudger was, and Smudger made a deal with Duncan if he and his crew helped him. We don't know what that deal was, and Duke suggests it was forced help instead of a deal. They refit smudger, and now he's a bigger engine. He then claimed that Smudger knew Thomas was Tophams favorite engine, so he made Duncan send Thomas on a fools errand in hopes he would collapse on the old bridge that was up the line. However, Thomas didn't and went on a different line and found Great Waterton. So, when Topham was getting ready for he smoke show, Smudger took an engine captive. The engine that went missing. The engine was Percy. Smudger's new and evil crew who actually flagged them down to help Smudger out, took a syringe and filled it with chemicals. They injected it into Percy's face, and within several hours... Percy became the monster we've seen. Lady Hatt then began sobbing, and told us her backstory. She was at home preparing a meal for Topham when everything went to hell. Topham was a Great Waterton when it happened, and he rushed to his car and made it home. He then explained what happened to Lady Hat. Afterwards, he claimed he felt sick. His eyes began changing colors, and Lady Hat knew what was happening. She took the revolver Topham kept by their bed, and shot him in the head with it. Right after he jumped up and charged at her. That was a mutated Topham she killed, and she had to do it. Thomas has now run off after hearing all of this. He can't accept the fact that his best friend, Percy, is this monster, and he can't believe what happened to Topham. Donald and Douglass went out to look for him. I hope nothing bad happens to Thomas. I'm going to try to get some rest. This day has been hell.