September 16th 1986

7:47 AM

I forgot to write this down as we were exhausted, but we did hold out for the night in Henry's Forest. The peace of the forest sure did help Henry a lot. At 8AM we're heading up to Crovan's Gate. I'll update this once we're there and assess things.

9:59 AM

We got up to Crovan's Gate to see all the little engines still fine. Apart from Duncan. We asked around about the little yellow engine, but no one knew his whereabouts. After a few minutes of questioning, we heard a familiar whistle in the distance. The engine rounded the bend, and sure enough, it was who we thought it was. It was Stephany the bluebell engine! He seemed overjoyed to see our group. Duke began chuckling. It seemed to make him happy to see us overjoyed. Stephany's crew hoped out of his cab, his driver, "Sam," and his fireman, "Hansel." They both had shotguns and gun belts, and both were covered in blood. Hope began to sink once again as they explained their story. The engine and his crew were on their way to he quarry when the sirens blared. They wasted no time and shot back rapidly to Crovan's Gate where they hid out in a shed next to the station at Crovan's Gate. They came out the next day, and broke into a pawn shop nearby where they found their guns. They then went up to where the little engines were, and shit it was bad. Mutated humans were walking towards the open doors of the sheds containing the little engines. Their crews were gone, and they were left alone. Just ass they gave up all hope, Sam and Hansel came out guns-a-blazing. They shot all those poor, mutated people dead in front of all the little engines. A woman then ran around the corner, and Hansel with his trigger finger, turned quickly and shot her dead. It was the local refreshment Lady who was hiding behind some crates. Peter Sam, who helped her some years ago, felt distraught by what he just saw. He didn't speak a word since. Duncan on the other hand went crazy after all he saw. I don't blame him. They went up to the quarry soon after, but found no one. I assume they didn't... fuck. Goddamn it. Shit. We forgot about Mavis. Fuck. We have to go back. I hope to God she's alright. There's more to the story of Stephany I'll write later, we have to check on Mavis.

1:02 PM

We got to the quarry. We didn't find Mavis anywhere, she wasn't in the shed or in the quarry at all. However, we did find Fergus, a little engine who helped out on the quarry. He was also fucked up. He had 3 tiny mouths with sharp teeth all over his face, and one eye entirely white. However, he was still fully in there. It was still Fergus. He was able to communicate with us with no issue. His story was pretty simple. When the sirens went off, all the workmen in the quarry ran to shelter along with his driver. He was left out in the open when the cloud hit him. The amount of pain he was in is upsetting just thinking about it. However, we questioned him further, mainly about where Mavis was. He said he hadn't seen her since the day hell broke lose. Salty deeply apologized to Fergus for not being able to help him. Then, when everything seemed okay, trouble rose. Thomas was over by a tall pile of rocks that made up a wall at the side of the quarry. Duck hollered. He told Thomas to move. Russel and Chase, who were over by a shed, looked up, and began sprinting back to their engine. I looked up, and what I saw was horrifying. I don't know what was in these chemicals, but nothing good, that's for damn sure. A huge ass boulder was emerging and rolling over to the the edge of the pile of rocks. A bunch of rubble had formed together, and seemed to have a mind of its own. Russel and Chase desperately tried making their way back to Sodor's number one, but it was too late. The boulder dropped. We all watched in terror as we were seeing the tragic demise of everyone's favorite little engine. But, just as it was about to drop on Thomas, Fergus shot into view, and pushed Thomas out of the way. Poor Fergus was crushed instead of Thomas. There was nothing we could do. Russel and Chase ran back to Thomas, started the engine up, told us to meet them at Brendam, and they raced off with the boulder pursuing them. Goddamn though, Fergus' blood is all over the area now. There's nothing left of the poor engine. We escaped the quarry and got back to Knapford, where we are recovering from our encounter. We'll soon head off to Brendam to meet back up with Thomas. I hope to God he's alright.

2:09 PM

We made it to Brendam, and to our excitement, Thomas was there and he was alright. He managed to lose the boulder by switching off to another line, and reversing back onto the mainline when the boulder went the other way. So that's just great, we have to deal with Percy, possibly Edward, and now a fucking boulder. Luckily, that boulder makes a ton of noise, so we'll have plenty of time to know if it's coming. Shit.. we're off we just heard Gordon's whistle.

2:59 PM

We chased in the direction we heard it from, and we sadly never found Gordon. We went back to the iron works to see if his corpse was still there. We arrived, and Henry broke down at the sight. He started crying again. Amanda, who we never noticed jump out of Salty's cab, told us to look at something. We went over to the hollowed out corpse of the railways express engine, and his whistle was missing. Someone took it, so that means there's another engine on the island. Mutated or not, we'll find them. But, more awful news incoming. Henry couldn't take it anymore. All of his friends were dying out, and after seeing how Gordon was, he couldn't take it anymore. The engine screamed, and bolted to the end of the track. He crashed through the buffers, and plunged into the magma of the iron works below. We're all distraught. I'm once again struggling to write as I'm shaking uncontrollably. We're about to head back to Brendam, and then venture out once again to the northeastern side of the island. Rest in peace number three.

9:10 PM

We're glad we ventured out this way... and pretty upset at the same time. We arrived up here at about 5PM, and we came across a station and a shed nearby. We saw another mutated engine called Stanley. Stanley took over work on Thomas' branch line while Thomas lead the work during the reconstruction of Great Waterton. Stanley was bloody all over, his eyes were fully white and his mouth was about three times the size as normal with a haunting grin on it. He was slamming into a shed door, and we heard screams from inside every bash. There was someone in there. Without a second thought, Donald and Douglass both rushed over, slammed into the back of Stanley to get him after them. As Stanley reversed to go after the twins, Bailey with his rifle aimed towards Stanley's forehead, fired a shot, and hit dead center between Stanley's eyes. Thomas slowly puffed over to the corpse of the engine. He started tearing up, saying how he felt awful. Stanley saved Thomas before, and Thomas couldn't repay the favor. The shed doors opened, and inside was a pink tank engine. We all knew who that was. It was Rosie! Her and her crew were alright! Her driver, "Tilly," and her fireman, "Carter," came out of the shed and thanked us for our help, but Thomas said, "Don't thank us, thank Donald, Douglass and Bailey for their bravery." Thomas has always been such a great engine, giving credit to whom it's due. Pretty quickly, just to be safe, Bailey walked over to them with two revolvers. He gave the two the firearms, just looked at them, said nothing and walked back to Donald, hopping into his cab. We're lucky to have Bailey with us, the wise old man. We asked for their story, and like Fergus' story, it was pretty simple. They were giving Rosie a wash down when the sirens went off, and they backed her into the shed. After it was over they went inside the station nearby to gather supplies, and they've been holding out up here undetected all this time. Well, apart from poor Stanley. Amanda recommended we make our new base up here. It's quiet, it's by the sea, overall a great spot. The only issue is longer runs to places, but with the sense of security up here, it's a damn good place to hold out. There was a few more sheds about a mile up the line, so we decided to send the others to those sheds, and Duck would sleep in the shed with Rosie. Later that night, I noticed something about Tilly and Carter. The two were married. I never knew there was a married crew on the island. Interesting. But, it honestly just makes me think about my own wife and child, I hope they're okay. We need to plan to find our families.