September 20th 1986

3:15 AM

Something's going on here. I was peacefully sleeping when suddenly, I smelt something terrible in the air. I alerted the others and we all got up and looked outside the shed. Around a corner, we heard groaning. We all looked at each other, and decided we'd go check it out. We steamed up our engines and went towards the source, guns ready. We rounded the bend and saw horribly mutated fuel tankers, trucks surrounding them. The fuel tankers were looking like they were on the verge of death. Despite all the times the trucks had caused us trouble, like the time we ended up crashing into that barber shop near Crosby, we felt terrible for the trucks. We all were just about to put them out of their misery, when suddenly their faces began began melting. We heard something within the fuel tankers making some sort of noise like something was about to burst. We rocketed backwards as the fuel tankers exploded, blasting radiation everywhere barely missing Donald. We heard the screams of the trucks caught in the blast, and we saw just how terrible it looked like when somebody was mutated. Their faces were becoming distorted, bending in ways they shouldn't. One of the truck's face actually started growing some sort of neck. After 15 seconds of enduring all of their screams of pain, they all vomited radiation mixed with blood as they passed. We were too terrified and disgusted to go back to bed, so we're just gonna start heading towards that signal box we saw yesterday.

3:30 AM

We found yet another familiar face. We headed back down the line until we found the signal box. Me and Erick took out our glocks incase we were about to get ambushes while the others pulled out their guns to cover us. We kicked open the signal box door to find Daniel the signal man, the guy who saved us when this hellhole first broke loose. We were ecstatic to see him, but we needed to know where he was all these days. He explained that after he saw us rush by in duck on the 12th, he stayed in the signal box until the cloud had passed. After that, all he did was wander around trying to find more people. However, the only people he found was mutated. Every night he would find new shelter, and by pure coincidence ended up staying in the signal box. So now Daniel has joined the team. Right now he's in the breakvan resting his feet since he's been walking all these days. If we don't have to make that many stops, we should be back at Crovan's gate within 3-4 hours. I'll update this journal when we are back.

5:30 AM

Change of plans. While we were heading down the line, we stopped at cronk for more coal and water for the engines. When suddenly, Rosie and Salty pulled up in front of us. They explained that they got worried when we didn't return after so long, so decided to look for us. Tilly hopped out of Rosie's cab and started inspecting Duck's bruised eye while we told them about our encounter with Percy. Rosie was relieved that we were able to make it out alive, while Salty jumped to questions asking us for more detail. So we explained about how Percy's mutation is becoming stronger, which made Rosie start to worry even more. Amanda started theorizing what could be behind Percy's mutation. Donald and Douglas suggested that we should head to the mines and FFarquhar quarry. We all agreed and decided that we should start heading there now to not waste time, so we turned Duck Donald Douglas and Oliver around, and started heading down the line. Currently we stopped for a supply run, so I'm writing in the journal now. This shouldn't take too long, hopefully.

5:55 AM

Someone is stalking us, I know it. Once we stopped at Crosby for more coal and water, we heard an engine's whistle. I am not familiar with the engine's whistle so it might be a trap. Everyone thought so, so this time we're preparing to go after it. I remember the time we went after Gordon's whistle and ended up in a battle against a bunch of mutated people and Percy. Good news is that I found a new sledge hammer for defence, so that's pretty cool. We don't have a lot of ammunition, so we'll have to be careful. If this is another trap by smudger, we're prepared for it this time. Alright, everyone is prepared, let's do this.