September 21st 1986

9:25 AM

Everyone woke up rather early for final preparations before our attempt of getting onto the mainline. Tilly and Carter went to go see if they can gather ANY form of defence. Meanwhile, Donald and Douglas's crew were gathering food and water while Me and Erick form the plan. Our main goal is to remain hidden, and not attract too much attention to ourselves. We're unsure if it will work, but we've been through so much that planning is just another Sunday for us.

10:27 AM

Tilly and Carter returned with dynamite from a nearby mine, and Oliver's crew actually found some workmen for cover. Now we have an advantage over Percy if we encounter him. We're still unsure of where Thomas might be, as he might still be alive somewhere. Though it might be too late now, as we've never found him through all our attempts.

10:48 AM

Alright, here's the plan. We'll be trying to make our way to Vicarstown where we can access the bridge and flee to the mainline. Once we're over the bridge, we're going to use the dynamite we found at the mines to destroy the bridge to make sure nobody follows us. We're going to have to keep a big eye out for the mutated, since we theorize that Percy can use the mutated to find us. If he does find us, we're prepared for him this time. We have a lot of firearms and ammunition. I say we're prepared for at least the same amount of mutated we had to fight off at brendam. Our plan is to make our way close enough to Percy, and use the dynamite to blow him to kingdom come. The formation is simple, Donald and Douglas will be in the front with flatbeds loaded with bricks protecting them, and carrying workmen incase we do encounter Percy or someone else like him. Duck and Oliver will be positioned in the middle with more workmen incase the people in the front need more firepower. In the back are Salty and Rosie, incase we need to make a getaway. In-between all the engines are flatbeds where the narrow gauge engines will be positioned. They're the ones carrying the dynamite. Once we get close, the drivers will hop out of their cab and launch the dynamite. Our only flaws are that we still don't know where Thomas is, and he could've sided with the other team. Also, despite smudger's downfall, there are still members of his gang out to kill us. We've marked a trail on a map we found in a store earlier, so we have alternative routes incase one is blocked. Hopefully this works

2:37 PM - Carter and the Blue Hero

I'm really struggling to write this right now, what happened was tragic. Basically, everything went according to plan for the trip. However, just as we were approaching the bridge, Erick gazed in horror as we saw over at least a thousand mutants. Percy was behind all of them, at the entrance of the bridge. They obviously had left the bridge up to give us some hope that they could crush. We all looked at each other, terror on all of our faces. We knew that all that planning wasn't enough, and that this was our end. At least, that's what we thought. Just then, carter hopped out of rosie's cab. He looked like he was about to breakdown. Carter pulled something out of his pocket. It looked like some sort of necklace with half of a heart on it. He looked at Tilly, gave her his necklace and told her to keep it for him. We were all confused, when suddenly carter dashed at the mutants, completely defenceless. He diverted all the mutant's attention onto him, and we all watched in horror as they ran at him and tore him apart. It took me a second to realize what he was trying to achieve, and he did get what he wanted. None of the mutants were blocking Percy, carter had just gave us our one in a million chance to finally end this nightmare. But god, I wish we took that opportunity sooner. We were just starting to steam up the engines, when we heard a yell from behind us, followed by Thomas' whistle. Thomas rushed right by us with fuel tankers, without protection. The motherfucker was going to suicide bomb Percy. We all bellowed for him to stop, but he didn't listen. We all closed our eyes as we heard an explosion off in the distance. When we opened our eyes, there was a lot of smoke and fire. We got in close, and saw the corpses of Thomas and Percy. Also, after the explosion, all the mutants started moaning for help and walking around aimlessly. My guess is that Percy was the thing making all the mutants hostile, without him they're just helpless little lost souls. We saw Thomas' crew approach us. They explained that after Thomas left, they kept in contact with carter, and that they were planning this incase our plan failed. We said our final goodbyes to Thomas and carter, and thanked them for their sacrifice as we headed back to base, victorious yet utterly defeated on the inside.