September 15th 1986

9:29 AM

Well I'll be damned, we found Henry! He seems to be unaffected by any mutations, but he isn't in top condition either. His face is cut up, he's missing a buffer, and he's been mumbling to himself. Whatever happened before must have took a toll on the poor engine. I'll explain in further detail. We woke up about an hour ago getting ready to head to Callan. It was just Erick and I awake at the time, when we heard chuffing in the distance. Erick pulled out his pistol in case whatever was approaching meant harm. However, it was Henry approaching. We were overjoyed to see him and called for the others to wake up. Henry was happy to see us as well. Thomas puffed out of the sheds and greeted Henry. Then Duck pulled out, and Henry started crying at the sight of him. We asked what was wrong, but he wouldn't answer. How awful we feel for the poor engine, we aren't questioning him too much. These past few days must have really messed with his mentality. We spoke to his Driver, "Derrick," and his fireman, "Stephen," and them and Henry agreed to join us. We started up the engines, and headed to Callan.

9:52am

Damn... Henry has been through it, alright. He explained everything to us. I'll do my best to put it into my own words. The day when all hell broke lose, Henry was getting ready to take a goods train up to Brendam. While his trucks were being shunted, he met Stephany the bluebell engine. He stopped to chat with Henry for a bit before Henry departed to Brendam. He arrived at Brendam later with his goods train to find Bill and Ben leaving with some empty trucks. When Henry pulled to a halt he met Edward. Edward greeted Henry by chuckling and saying, "Those two little engines will never learn to stay out of trouble," referring to Bill and Ben. Henry laughed, and was uncoupled from his train. Him and Edward got to talking about the rediscovery of Great Waterton, when the sirens began going off. Henry and Edward both knew what that meant, and they sped out of Brendam at speeds Henry say they had never gone before. Their wheels pounded the rails as they made their escape onto the mainline, where they saw James rushing away as well, trying to escape too. Henry's driver looked back in fear as he saw the cloud approaching them quickly. Henry and Edward noticed James had gotten switched off the mainline and didn't know where he was heading. They just both hoped he'd escape as well. The two engines continued their escape. Henry soon got diverted off the mainline, and was heading for a goods yard, and was now away from Edward with no time to return to him. He soon arrived at the yard, with the cloud still tailing. There was a goods train half shunted into a siding and onto the line Henry was on. Henry gave it his all, and crashed through the goods train, destroying some cars. The front one burst into many wooden pieces, some splintering Henry's face, explaining the cuts on his face. They got back onto the mainline, with the cloud still right on their tail. There was a wash station up ahead with a shed, and their plan was to take refuge in that shed. They arrived there, exhausted, stressed, and anxious. But most importantly, unharmed for the most part. They had food and water already in the cab, and that's where they stayed for a couple days as they planned out their next move. We haven't told him about Edward and James yet. We're a few minutes out of Callan, so I'll update this journal when we arrive and find something... if we find something.

10:26 AM

We arrived at Callan. There was nothing much there apart from some corpses, but we found Bill and Ben! But the two engines rocketed off before we could say anything. We're gonna catch those engines and try to get them to join us.

11:03am

We caught up with the two engines, but before we could do anything two or three other engines we couldn't make out came to their aid, and they all escaped again. They're in our sights though, and we're gonna catch them.

11:05am

Well so much for that plan. The fuckers blocked the damn track. It's going to take a while to clear it, but I know this line. There's only one way they can possibly go, so we'll catch them. I wonder why Bill and Ben would speed off like that though?