chapter 1

Violet's Pov

I walk into my English 6 class and sit at the back to the far right. Waiting for my teacher Mr. Right to begin class, I take out my book I've been reading the last day and a half. A few minutes later Mr. Right stands from his desk. "Good afternoon class"Mr. Right says. "Good afternoon" we repeat back. "Alright today we study the works of edgar allen poe, take out your books and turn to page 384" Mr. Right says starting to walk around to his board telling us about what notes to write down. I put my book away and get out my notebook, taking notes. I follow Mr rights lesson until the class period ends. "We will continue this tomorrow" Mr. Right says and sits at his desk. I pack up my things and am about to head out the door when Mr. Right asks "violet can i please talk to you for a moment"? "Is there something wrong Mr. Right "I ask, walking over to stand in front of his desk. "No nothings wrong i just needed to talk to you about something" Mr. Right says. "Well what do you need"? "I have a student Asher Knight he's failing my class so badly that he could flunk out if he doesn't get his grade up" Mr. Right says. "Ok what's that to do with me"? "Asher needs help and he's willing to pay my best student to tutor him and help him get his grade up" Mr. Right says. "I'm still not following you on this Mr. Right". "Well you're my best student and i know you need the money because you told me you couldn't come to class but only three times a week because you have to work to pay rent" Mr. Right says. "Oh Mr. Right i can't tutor someone right now I'm too busy working and trying to keep myself up and on my feet". "Ok, i understand but just in case why don't you take his number and think about it" Mr. Right says taking out a card and handing it to me. I take the card and smile as I walk out of the door, sticking the card into my back pocket. I walk to my one bed one bath apartment and unlock my door walking into my apartment throwing my bag onto my couch. I walk into my bedroom and lay onto my bed grabbing my phone. I set an alarm for me to wake up for work later tonight. I set my phone on my nightstand and fall asleep. A few hours later I wake up to my alarm and get out of bed going to my bathroom. I do my business, cleaning myself up, I change clothes and put on a little makeup (outfit up top). I grab my phone and purse, heading out the door, and locking it behind me. I walk to the little restaurant I work at fifteen minutes away from my house. I walk because I don't have the money to pay my rent, college and have a car. I have classes from 11 am to 3 pm and then I work from 6pm to 6am and sometimes more it just depends on the week. I have long brown hair with red running through it, to go along with my hazel eyes and my long legs even though I'm only 5'4. My mother died when I was a child and my father got married two years after but I don't talk to her much. So I moved in with my aunt and uncle for a little while until I started college and now here I am struggling but living on my own. So yeah that's me. Anyways back to the story, walking into work i clock in and go to the back putting my purse away. I put my apron on and place my phone in my apron along with five pens and a little chapstick. I walk back out and behind the main counter sitting down and waiting for someone to come in. While waiting for people to come in I get out my phone, opening kindle I start to read some random book. A few minutes later people start to come in and I put my phone away going and taking people's orders and putting them up for the cooks to see in the kitchen. It's almost 12 at night when I see a guy step into the restaurant. His big arms are covered in tattoos, he is built and tall, probably 6'4. He has black hair and light blue eyes. He walks over to the counter that I am standing behind. "Hi i was told a girl names violet black works here could i talk to her for a moment"? "Well you're looking at her, what you need big guy" I say, putting a smile on my face. "I'm asher knight i think mr right told you about me needing someone to tutor me" asher says. "He did but I'm sorry as you can see I just don't have the time to tutor you or anyone for that matter right now". "If it's about money I can pay you more," Asher says. "Look I'm sure you're a nice guy but I just can't. I don't have time". "I understand but please if you change your mind let me know i really need to get this grade up" asher says and walks out of the restaurant. I roll my eyes and go back to reading and waiting on people for the rest of the night and early moring. As soon as 6 am hits I clock out and walk home. Getting home i see a paper on the front door of my apartment, taking the paper off the door i read what it says. In bold letters it says "NEW RENT PRICING 900$ A MONTH! NO EXCEPTIONS!". I groan unlocking and walking into my apartment i sit down on my bed. There's no way i can pay that i don't make that much money. What am I going to do I think as I take off my work clothes and change into an oversized shirt.