chapter 2

Violet's POV

I lay down onto the bed falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. Five hours later my alarm for school goed off, getting out of bed. I go to my bathroom and take a shower washing my body and hair before I get out and go to my closet. I put on my outfit and go to my kitchen making myself a bagel with cream cheese on it. I sit on my counter and eat my breakfast while my coffee is fixing. After I eat my bagel I hop down from my counter and grab my coffee. I go to my couch and look at the poster that was on my door last night. I sigh and go to my clothes i wore yesterday to school getting the card Mr. Right gave to me yesterday. I'm out of opposition. I can't take up another job, I'm currently maxed out on all my hours at the restaurant so now I don't have a choice. This asher guy is the only option I have right now. I pull out the card and dial the number on the card. "hello " I heard from the other side. "Is this asher knight"? "Yes this is, who is this" asher asks? "This is violet black i was seeing if i could still take you up on your offer i tutor you in exchange you pay me"? "Yeah yeah offer is still open, what time can you meet" asher asks? "How about the library at 3:30"? "Perfect meet you there" asher says and hangs up the phone. I put my phone back into my pocket and head out the door going to my first class of the day. I go through my classes and the time comes to meet Asher in the library. I walk into the library and sit at one of the small tables. I wait about fifteen minutes before Asher comes into the library and sits across from me. "Hi violet i'm glad you can do this", asher says. "Me to, so i know you need help with english is there anything else that you need help on"? "I need help in math and science" asher says, getting out his books and showing me what he needs help with. I help him by getting out my notes and showing him the missing pieces to things that he doesn't understand. He catches on very quickly to the things I show him. "Thank you for tutoring me" asher says as he puts away his books. "Umm i don't mean to be a bitch but how much will you be paying me for this"?

"Umm 100$ sound good" asher asks? "Yes, that's fine". Asher takes out his wallets and hands me a 100 dollar bill. I take it gently, "thank you i really need the money my rent went up on my apartment, you're my last option". "Well i wouldn't be able to get my grades up if it wasn't for you so thank you" asher says as we both stand. "Could we meet again some time but I need to be home for my father? Would you mind coming to me" asher asks? "Umm i don't have a car i walk". "Oh that's ok i can just give you a ride" asher says. "Yeah ok i don't have work tomorrow so that would be fine". "Ok well see you tomorrow then" asher says as we walk out of the library. I walk in the different direction than Asher and off of campus going to work. I think about how am i going to be able to keep afloat with rent, and on top of that i have to buy groceries this week. As i walk into work one of my coworkers come up to me. "Hey violet, boss wants to see you in the office" she says. "Ok thanks" i say and walk back to the office to see my manager " hey jarred, you needed to see me"? "Yes, we have a problem" jarred says. "What's the problem"? "I have to many servers and not enough hours" jarred says. "Please jarred i need this job it's the only thing keeping me afloat". "I know I'm sorry violet, but you were the last one hired" jarred says. "What am i going to do"? "I have a friend at one of the restraints on your campus, it's less hours but it's a job" jarred says. "Thank you so much". " no problem, you'll start at the little bear bar on Tuesday so just finish up tonight and start there next week" jarred says. "Okay". "Ok no go work" jarred says. I nod and walk back out to the floor, getting ready for the rush that will come in soon. An hour later I'm taking my break when I see four bikes pull up. I lean against the wall hoping they don't see me, just because i just don't have the energy to deal with men right now. I watch them walk into the restaurant and go back to reading my book. A few minutes later my break is over and i go back inside. As i step back inside my coworker joe comes to me "hey there's four guys that just got seated in your section one of them asked for you" joe says ." Ok thanks joe" i say and walk out to the floor and to the table. It's Asher and three other guys. "Hey violet" Asher says. " hey Asher. Can i start y'all off with some drinks"? "Oh yeah we'll have four sweet teas" Asher says. "Ok so four sweet teas I'll be right back with those". I go to the kitchen and make four sweet teas balancing them in my hands i take them out to Asher and his friends. "ok here you go guys" i say putting the sweet teas in front of them. "Thanks darlin" Asher says smirking at me. I roll my eyes take out my writing pad.