❤️Chapter 3❤️ Is that?...

A murderer's weight can also be as light as a feather
-Kenji Kido

KIDO'S POV

20 August 2039

I walked up and sat down, leaning my back against the tree. Where is she? It has been 5 years... She couldn't have thought that I have broken the promise right? I only just got rescued after all. I sighed and waited. Soon, I dozed off, only to be awoken by a familiar voice.

"Aiko?" I looked up, but I was wrong. It was not Aiko, it was just Tsugumi.

"You don't look all so pleased, Kido. Still waiting for her? Didn't she disappear 5 years ago?"

I lost it and grabbed Tsugumi and shouted, "SHE DID NOT DISAPPEAR. I DID." Tsugumi looked as if she was struggling. I was unwilling to put her down. I would kill her, thought Gai probably be mad at me, oh whatever, killing people is what I do.

"Kenji Kido! Put Tsugumi down!"

It was Ayase.

Reluctantly, I put her down. Tsugumi coughed, trying to catch her breath. I sighed and sat back down.

I looked at the sky.

"Hi! My name is Suzuki Aiko. The sky sure is beautiful, am I right?" The words echoed in my head.

Her first words... I still remembered it like it was yesterday. It was my birthday and since there was no one there to celebrate with me, I decided to go to the secret garden I found when I was younger and relax. Then coincidentally meeting a pretty girl younger than me with brown hair and eyes. I decided to be friends with her, but was kept busy due to my duties at Funeral Parlor. Eventually, I was imprisoned and unable to meet her.

+++

I whistled and walked along the rooms and spotted Shu Ouma, the newbie. He used my void to rescue me and hack the Leukocyte control system. Somewhat, I should be thanking him, however, I think that his powers are the only reason Gai wants him here. I passed by Gai's room and peeked in. He was talking to a girl with long brown hair. Just like Aiko...

Okay, Kido, she's gone. Just forget about her. Funeral parlor is your world from the very beginning, even before you met her. And now you are talking to yourself. Not what a mass murderer would do, eh? I can't allow myself to get anymore of such distractions.

I walked on.

"Attention. May all units gather at the main room."

It was the speaker. I wonder what's that about.

I walked towards the main room and saw that everyone was already gathered there. They seemed to be distracted by something or someone in the front. I squeezed in between to get to the front using my small size and almost dropped my 'cool' when I saw what was the thing they were distracted from. It was a young girl with long brown hair and brown eyes.

"Hello again. Kenji Kido. Long time no see. The sky sure is beautiful, am I right?" And she smiled happily.

"Ai- Aiko?"