❤️Chapter 12❤️ Training

You might be able to do it if you try. But you'll will never be able to if you don't
-Inori Yuzuriha

AIKO'S POV

24 August 2039

Gai said that our next operation was extremely important. I wonder why.

Kido replied as if he read my mind, "Lost Christmas. The government is planning on reiterating Lost Christmas."

"What!?" I exclaimed as I remembered my parents from that memory. They didn't deserve to die on that fateful day.

Gai walked towards me and told me to follow him. Kido, though not asked to, followed along. He brought us to the training room and told me, "We need you to learn how to control your void."

I was confused. How do I control my void? I protested, "How do I do that? The last time I 'summoned' it. I was raging at Kido." I shot a glare at Kido, then smiled. Kido gave a nervous laugh.

"Very well, think how you were feeling during that point of time and try to 'summon' it," Gai said.

"Ok?" I replied and closed eyes. I thought of the event carefully. Emotions started to flow through me. They were strong... I started to whimper. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I opened my eyes. It was Kido. He said, "Don't worry. I am there for you." I smiled and a void appeared. It was definitely a clone.

"Good, try shooting it at the target," Gai said. I nodded and tried to control the cloned void. It went a bit bumpy, but I got the hang of it and 'threw' it at the target and it exploded.

"Good, try doing double," Gai suggested.

I took a deep breath and made two cloned voids appear. I concentrated on them and made them go towards another target and explode.

"Now you can try your third ability, going into someone's mind," Gai said and motioned Kido to stand in front of me, "Make the cloned void go into him."

"Huh? But what if it explodes?" I asked.

"It won't," Gai assured me.

"All... Right... If you say so..." I replied and forced a cloned void into Kido. Kido winced in pain as white light appeared around us. I closed my eyes and opened them again. I was in Kido's mind...

"Hmm, not much of a sight is it?" Came a familiar voice. I turned around. It was Kido.

"Since we are in here, why not I show you some things?" Kido said and the surroundings changed from plain white to the secret garden. Young Kido was sitting under the tree gazing upon the sky.

"Do you remember this day? It was my birthday, since I didn't exactly have family or friends, I went here to spend my day. Only to meet you."

Young Aiko was running up to Young Kido and greeting him, "Hi! My name is Aiko Suzuki. The sky sure is beautiful, am I right?"

Young Kido looked back in shock then gazing back at the sky.

I grinned, of course I remembered. The surroundings became so beautiful. It was a play of all the moments we spent together when we were little.

I hugged Kido happily as we watched. But the surroundings began to change. They became dark and gloomy. And is that... BLOOD?! Kido held me in and said softly, "This is my dark part. Sky Tree Massacre."

I gasped as I saw Young Kido killing the people with no emotions. The surroundings were cold and I felt afraid. But the warmth I felt from Kido assured me that nothing could hurt me. I looked at the surroundings there was suddenly a bright shine of light.

"Haha Gai's here," Kido said.

A boy with short blonde hair stepped out. Young Kido was charging for him, then trying kill him with his gun, but Young Gai blocked the attacks and knocked the gun out of his hand.

Then the surroundings turned into white.

"Are we done?" Kido asked.

"Um yeah..." I replied.

I closed my eyes and opened them. I was back outside... I found myself on Kido's lap. Kido was patting on my head, "Wakey Wakey Sleeping Princess." I looked up and saw Kido. I blushed and got up.

"What did you see?" Gai asked.

"The good and bad sides of Kido..." I replied.

"Looks like we have done much of an improvement today, you can go rest now," Gai said.

A week past and I have gotten full control of my void. We were preparing for the big attack on the GHQ and it was pretty intense.

+++

31 August 2039

I walked into my room and took out my gun to clean it. Tomorrow is the big day. Will we be able to finally stop the government's evil ways? A repeat of Lost Christmas... Lost Christmas... So many lives were changed that fateful Christmas Eve. So was mine. But if it never happened, I probably would not have met Kido. But then again, I could have lived my life as a normal kid... I sighed.

Then, there came a knock on my door. I looked up. It was Kido. He asked, "Can I come in?" I nodded and smiled, "Of course."

He walked in and patted on my head, "Anything wrong? You seem a bit off."

"Nervous, I guess. I haven't been in an operation for some time about three weeks a believe. Time passes so quickly..." I replied.

"Believe it. I have been in Funeral Parlour for like I don't know, since I was 8? This is how far it has came. Amazing right?"

I nodded, then it hit me, "Kido... How did Lost Christmas even happened?"

Kido paused for a moment and said, "Who knows? I've heard that it had something do with Gai and apparently Shu. But Shu doesn't seem to remember anything tragic about Lost Christmas."

"I see..."