❤️Chapter 5❤️ Memories

If you hurt someone, you must be prepared to receive the same amount in return
-Mana Ouma

THIRD PERSON'S POV

10 June 2034

"Eh? He's late," the 9 year old Aiko whined.

The 10 year old Kido walked slowly behind Aiko and covered her eyes and said mischievously, "Guess who?"

"Kido!" Aiko exclaimed and turned around, pouncing onto Kido. She laughed as Kido struggled to get her off.

"You sure are heavy for a 9 year old," Kido complained as Aiko got up.

Aiko stuck out her tongue and said, "What can I say? I have heavy bones."

"Well then. Happy birthday Princess Aiko," Kido said laughing and took out the flower hair clip he got (or stole) for her.

"It's so pretty~" she said, "Thank you Kido! I love you~"

"Haha no problem," he said and put the clip on Aiko's hair for her.

+++

20 June 2034

The duo sat under the tree and gaze upon the sky. Kido thought for a while and asked, "What if... I can't keep your promise, princess. Would we still be friends?"

Aiko felt a little stinge of weirdiness and whined, "Kido~ You promised that you will never leave me... Alone... So I don't know. If you do leave one day however... I will do all I can to look for you. I follow you because I love you Kido~" She blushed and hugs Kido.

Kido feels a deep sense of guilt. He knew one say he has to leave his beloved friend behind. She was the one who gave him emotions and not be some killing machine, though killing was fun.

"Why... Why would you say such a thing?" Aiko asked and lets go off Kido with tears in her eyes. Kido wipes her tears and whistle, "No reason."

+++

13 July 2034

"Kido~ Where are you?" Aiko questions as she runs around the secret garden, holding a wrapped gift, looking for her friend.

"Kido? You are coming today, right?"she asks herself. She sits down, leaning her back on the tree and cuddles in, hugging her legs.

"You... You didn't leave me right?" she cried and tears started to flow. Then, she shouted, "I hate you Kido!"

AIKO'S POV

You broke it Kido.

You broke your promise to never leave me...

How could you?

+++

I sat on my bed and took the flower hair clip from my pocket and clip it on. I thought of one of Inori's songs and sang it.

(a/n: The song following is the video for this chapter. It is highly recommended to play the video now and then continue reading)

Departure's Blessings.
Mou anata kara aisareru koto mo ♪

(I will never receive your love)

Hitsuyou to sareru koto mo nai ♪

(Nor will I ever be needed)

Soshite watashi wa koushite hitoribocchi de ♪