❤️Chapter 13❤️ The Lover's Heart

Gunshots... Explosions... Missiles... Screams... Was that all we could hear?

In the middle of the battleground. People lose their lives there and yet they are happy. Because they knew what they fought for was worth dying for. Or at least they thought so.
-Aiko Suzuki

THIRD PERSON'S POV

1 September 2039

They are in.

"Just remember, I can't control all of the security cameras past there so be careful, okay?" Tsugumi said through the communicator.

Gai gave instructions.

"Affirmative," Ayase said in her endlave pod.

"Aye-Aye!" Tsugumi replied.

"You've dragged me out so you better get this right," Kido said.

"That's the idea," Gai replied through the communicator.

"Hehe, Kido. Gai will get it right," Aiko said.

"When did you get so fond of him?" Kido teased and stuck out his tongue, "I thought I was your boy- I mean friend."

"Were you going to say boyfriend?" Aiko teased, "We aren't official."

"Then, why don't we be official?"

Before Aiko could reply, a song started to be played. It felt painfully familiar.

"Aargh- Aargh," came a voice from behind.

Aiko turned around and gasped in shock. He was being crystallized!

AIKO'S POV

I bent down in fear. It's happening again. I haven't felt like ever since-

The pictures ran through my head... Pictures of a woman getting crystallized in fear. 

My mother. 

Why is this all suddenly coming back into me? 

Then, was a man trying to protect me, but he got crystallized. 

My father. 

Then stood down in fear, shouting for them. 

Crying for them...

"Are you okay?" Kido asked.

I looked up at him. I thought there were crystals on him, so I freaked out and screamed, "No!" Tears started to come out. Then I felt someone hugging me, it was Kido.

"Now, now... It's okay Aiko, I am here," he comforted me.

"We need you out there Kido, Gai is having trouble," Shibungi said.

"All right," Kido said and took out the rifle from the cabinet. I wanted to follow him, but he said, "Stay here Aiko, I don't want you hurt." Then, he ran out.

"Stay here, Aiko, we need you here," Shibungi commanded, then he gasped, "Everyone! Get out! They've spotted us!" But it was too late...

KA-BOOM!

The control room exploded. I, for some reason was not affected. There seemed to be some sort of barrier protecting me. I gasped. Was it my void? I got up and it hit me, if this part is blown up, then-

"KIDO!" I shouted and ran out to find him. Please be alright...

"All units attack that runner," came an announcement.

Were they talking about me?

Endlaves started to swarm at me. Remembering what I did in training, I made cloned voids appear and caused them to explode. They kept coming, while I tried to get them away from me. All I could hear were explosions of my cloned voids and my own worries. I was running with our one motive. To find Kido.

"Aiko! Are you crazy?! Go find shelter!" It was Tsugumi sending a message using the communicator. I shut it off and continued to run.

Then I spotted him in the hallway. I shouted, "Kido!"

He turned around in shock, "Aiko! What are you doing here?!"

I ran towards him, but before I could reach him. A missile was fired straight at us and we flew apart. That was when I blacked out.

Is this the end? Sayonara Kido-kun.