❤️Chapter 7❤️ Friends again?

Friends are important and every friendship should be deeply treasured and cared for.
-Aiko Suzuki.

AIKO'S POV

24 August 2039

Yawn~ It's morning already? I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

"Top of the morning princess," came a familiar voice from the side of my bed.

"EH?!" I turned my head to face the source of the sound. "KIDO?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?!" I grabbed my pillow and hit him with it.

"Ow~ That was mean I had to carry you to your room yesterday night even."

"Huh?! What- What do you mean?"

"You don't remember? Yesterday night, you were so tired that you slept on the trip back to base. I tried waking you up but you won't budge. So I had to carry you to your bedroom."

"Oh... Thank you. Sorry..."

"It wasn't all that bad. You were so cute when you were sleeping," he replied and grinned.

"You were looking at me sleep?"

"Of course~ I am your bodyguard."

I blushed and looked down. I was in my pajamas.

Did he?...

"Oh and I changed your clothes," he says mischievously.

"WHAT?!" I took my pillow and wacked him with it. I blushed harder.

My door was swung wide open with Tsugumi standing there, she charged at Kido and yelled, "MISSILE KICK!" Tsugumi attacked Kido. I laughed unconsciously.

"Ow~ Tsugumi what was that for?" Kido asked as he rubbed his stomach.

"STOP SCARING HER KIDO!" Tsugumi shouted and turned towards me, "Don't worry he didn't see anything. It was me and Ayase that help you change out of your clothes."

"Oh..." I sighed in relief.

"Geez. You ruined my fun Tsugumi!" Kido whined and stuck out his tongue, "Wow, you kick hard for a fourteen year old..."

"Huh? Tsugumi you are fourteen?" I asked.

"Um yeah..." Tsugumi replied and asked, "Why?"

"I just thought you would be older since you are so pro at hacking." I replied.

"Oh. Do I look old?" she asks worriedly.

"No."I said. "Yes" Kido said at the same time.

Tsugumi and I glared at him.

He raised his eyebrow and asked, "What? I can't state my own opinions here?"

"No!" Tsugumi and I say in unison and hi-fived.

"Ouch." Kido said.

+++

Lavender's blue, dilly, dilly

lavender's green

When I am king, dilly, dilly

you shall be queen

Who told you so, dilly, dilly

who told you so?

"Good job princess,"Kido said as he followed me who was skipping and singing. My aunt used to sing me this song to sleep. Well, when before she got so busy. I loved it. Very calming.

"Hehe thanks!"

"But it could use a bit more... I don't know Mordern-ity?"

"Oh shut. It's a beautiful song. Come on, we are almost at the secret garden!"

As we approached our spot, I sat down and leaned my back against the tree, closing my eyes, listening to the beautiful sounds of nature. It's good to hear peace and quiet instead of continuous shouts and gunshots. I opened my eyes and gasped. Kido's face was inches from mine. I blushed. Kido backed away and said, "You really are too cute. Princess."

"Eh? Please don't do that..."

"Do what? This?" He went closer to me.

"Yeah..."

"Why? We are friends right?"

"Uhhh... We are?"

"Ouch. We aren't?"

"No- I mean yes... Or... Oh what am I trying to say?!"

"You are trying to say that you don't know yet?"

"I think so..."

"I see... Well, we better get back to base."

"Ehh? So fast?"

"Unfortunately, yes, Gai seemed pretty upset about yesterday night's operation to be a failure."

"Was he? I didn't know that."

"That's because you were sleeping on the way back."

"Uh. Oh yeah... Well let's go then~"

+++

I laid on my bed, tucking myself nicely under the warm blanket and yawned, "Good night Kido..." And I closed my eyes.

"You have got to be kidding me," Kido said and pushed off the bed, "It's only 4 in the afternoon."

"Ow..."I said as I rubbed my head,"I am a sleepy child, don't awake me from my nap. Meanie..."

"You really are a little girl. Already so tired?"

I went back on my bed and yawned, "Yes..." I closed my eyes and slept.

KIDO'S POV

Oh god, she really loves to sleep. Well, she had a long day yesterday, but I can't believe she's still tired after a long nap earlier.

I stood up and was about to leave.

"Kido... Don't leave me..." she was talking in her sleep. I put my hand on her head and pat it. "I am not going anywhere," I whispered and smiled. The little princess smiled as though she heard me. I closed my eyes and slept next to her bed.

+++

25 August 2039

I skipped down the stairs and spotted the little princess with Tsugumi. So that's where she ran off to?

"Ohayo Kido! Tsugumi is teaching me how to hack!" she beams.

"Boring~"

"Kido! Stop being such a bore!" Tsugumi shouted.

"Hey!" A voice called out. It was Shu. He was walked towards us, holding a flyer. He showed it to us.

"Eh? A festival?" Aiko said delightfully.

"Yup, my school is holding a festival, the public is invited to attend!"

"Cool, I will ask Ayase if she wants to go," Tsugumi says and runs off.

"I wanna go! Kido want to come with me?"

"Why must I go?"

"Because you are my friend and bodyguard!"

"Sure then..."

"You guys must check out the video my club is putting up!"

"Cool. We will!" Aiko exclaimed.