❤️Chapter 17❤️ Going CrAzY

I am nothing but a shadowed soul helping the owner
-Shadou

AIKO'S POV

I armed myself with my wonderful lucky gun and a knife. I looked at the neck, there were crystals growing there... Was I getting infected by the virus? Honestly, I had not taken much notice of it until a week ago. It was probably there for a month... Sigh...

Shu walked into the room to check on me.

"Hey Shu, are you prepared?" I asked and smiled.

"Of course," He replied and made my void appear. "Keep it. You might need it."

"But-"

"Keep it."

"Okay then..." I took the void and kept it in my pouch. "Thank you."

"I can't help but think you are becoming like my sister," Shu said in an angry tone.

"Your sister?"

"Yes, my sister, Mana," he sighed.

"Isn't that the girl you need to kill? She's your sister?" I gasped.

"Yes, but only because of the monster she had become, a puppet for Da'ath."

"Then how is that like me?"

"Because you are going crazy because of love. Why would you want to kill the one you love so much?"

I looked away and down.A tear escaped my eye. "Because of love. Nothing more to it. And if there's nothing else. I would like to go somewhere." I got up and left. Leave to where? I don't know myself. Perhaps a stroll in a park. Nah. I can't with all the spies.

But there is somewhere near that you can go. A voice in my head whispered to me.

Where? I questioned myself.

The cherry blossom tree. It's just around the corner- The voice replied before I cut her off.

No, I won't go there.

You are already there, silly. The voice said with a chuckle.

I looked around. I was at the cherry blossom tree.

But how did I get here? Ugh. My mind is playing tricks on me now. Better leave this wretched place before-

Images swarmed into my head. Gahh! Make it stop! They were pictures of Kido and I. Such happy faces... I closed my eyes and prevent the tears from flowing. But when I opened them, all I saw was white and myself or at least I thought it was myself. She had bruises and cuts all over her body.

"Why hello there," she said with a smile which reeked of madness.

"H-Hi..." I replied with a weak smile.

"Your weak... And you know why? Because of love, silly."

"W-Who are you?" I asked.

"Me? How sad. You don't remember me? After I tour the mind with you?"

Then, I remembered.

"You are that mind controller girl."

"Yes, I don't quite enjoy that name though. Call me Shadou."

"Shadou? It means Shadow... Are you my shadow?"

"Ah~ You caught on quick, but not quite. I am indeed a shadow. But also a soul. A crazy, misunderstood one." She laughed manically.

"Huh?" I was confused.

"A girl can't be completely pure, can she? To prevent that, god made it so as there is a complete opposite of the pure soul. A corrupted soul. So as to say a shadow or a demon."

"You mean... Crystals?"

"Yes, they have been growing in your mind, but they don't affect because you are strong so they have been affecting me since the last Lost Christmas."

"Then what do you want?"

"Control. Control of this body as you obviously can't handle it."

"Huh?"

"In other words... Don't you realized that you are going confused and mad at killing Kido?"

"Y-Yes..."

"I have been trying to take over your body that's why. I have only been able to control your words and actions though."

"So you brought me to the cherry blossom tree to get me to let my guard down."

"Ooo, you caught on. Yes."

"You won't have my body."

"Too bad. It's not a choice." A bunch of crystals shot out from her hand and pierced me.

"Don't worry, it won't kill you. It will only weaken you so you won't be able to stop me from helping you," she said and withdrawed her hand.

"Which is?" I coughed.

"Kill Kido, what else?"

I felt my body grow weaker and weaker at every passing moment. Then, I blacked out.