❤️Chapter 9❤️ Kido's Past

The past is a painful, yet wonderful lesson to learn from
-Kenji Kido

KIDO'S POV

"What do you mean?" Aiko asked.

I bit my lip and said, "Come, I want to show you somewhere." I grabbed her hand and walked.

"Okay...?" she replied.

After a bit of walking later.

"Where are we going?" Aiko asked, "We've been walking for quite a while... And it's getting really dark..."

"We are almost there," I replied and stopped infront of a mansion. No, not any mansion... It was my old home.

"Aiko... Welcome to my old home..."

"Eh? It's big..."

I used the key on my necklace to open the door and led her in. No one lived here for some time so it should be save to go in. I locked the door and walked in and towards my old bedroom.

"Eh? That's you?" Aiko said and pointed at an old family picture at the hallway. It was a picture of 5 year-old me with black hair and my parents, dead parents...

"You had black hair? You looked so cute!" she exclaimed, then her face expression turned from happiness to a more concerning one, "What... happened?"

I opened my bedroom door and sat on the bed as Aiko looked around.

"Come sit with me and I will tell you what happened. 10 Years Ago..."

(A/N: The following will have two types of words. the normal one will be what is happened and slanted one is Kido explaining to Aiko and Aiko asking or replying.)

+++

24 December 2029

"Mummy, when is daddy coming home to celebrate Christmas with us?" I asked. My mother looked at me and smiled, "Your Father will be back soon."

The door bell rang.

"I will get it!" I said and ran to the door and opened it. It was daddy!

"Hello daddy!" I grinned. The man, known as my father, bend down and hugged me, I hugged him back. He said, "My son, you've grown bigger since I last saw you."

Mother walked towards us and father stood up. They hugged each other and went to their bedroom. I went to mine and looked for the gift I made for father.

Kido: From what I know, father was a scientist for the government.

Aiko: Oh, I don't quite get it still, though...

I found it. I took the gift and ran to my parents room,they were talking. No... They were fighting again... This always happened when father came home. I sat outside the room, crying. I wondered, why can't we live together happily? My father slammed open the door and was storming out. I ran towards him and ask, "Daddy where are you going?"

"Away..." he muttered and walked towards the door. But before he could leave, he stopped and crouched down. I wondered why, then I saw crystals forming on him. He was struggling in fear, struggling towards me. I wanted to help him, but I was scared. I turned around and saw my mother, she too was being crystallized. I was scared and screamed, "Monsters!" Then I ran to my father's lab coat and took out father's gun and shot them. I shot them dead.

Kido: I shot them because I was scared

Aiko: So you killed them?

Kido: They were first people I ever killed...

Aiko: Then what happened?

Kido: I went berserk. And on a killing spree. Which led to the 'sky tree massacre'. More like it was guilt of killing my parents that caused my madness.

I pointed my gun at my victims and shot them with no mercy, then a man walked towards me. I tried shooting him so he will get away from me, but he dodged them all. Then I was out of bullets. I tried to run away, but he grabbed me and shouted, "Join me and you can kill all you want little boy, but with better control at it!" I joined him, the man called Gai. I was only 7 when I was brought into the terrorist group known as Funeral Parlour. I would have killed for all my life, if it won't for that day.

Aiko: For what day?

Kido: The day I met you... You showed me the love and warmth that I thought I would never feel.

+++

"Now you know how I was like before we met. Do you hate me?" I asked.

"Why would I?" Aiko asked, "You finally told me about you. And I got my answer. And honestly I feel guilty for letting you tell me all this."

"Why?" Kido asked. "All my life, I stressed over many things, you are one of them, killing was my way of manipulating this 'stress'."

"I see," She yawned.

"Tired already?"

"Yup..." She said and laid on my bed, hugging the teddy bear I got her.

How cute...

I took off the necklace with the key and put it around her neck. Then, I patted on her head and laid down next to her. It is too late to get back to base anyway.