Chap:10: Don't Forget your Motives.

"Umn....Where am I...." Su Nian Qing wakes up and finds herself lying in her room.

"Xiao Yi...?"

"Young Lady!!!You are awake?You scared me to death.....You should stay away from Third Princess. She is always on verge of starting a fight."

"I didn't think she would go this far...." Su Nian Qing gets up from her bed and finds a bowl of soup kept on the table.

"Who sent this...?"

"Ah...This?This was sent by General Cheng!"

"Him?Why did he send this?He didn't add poison to it right?...." *Peeks at the soup*

"Young lady, you shouldn't say things like this. I heard he made the imperial physician to prepare this soup for you himself. There are many beneficial herbs in it."

"Is that so?...Then did he send me here?"

"Yes! General Cheng carried you in his arms and took you back to the room" says Xiao Yi with an admiration in her eyes.

"Did I ask for the details...You can go!I am sleepy--"

"Oh...Okay!"replies Xiao Yi with a grin.

"What are you even smiling about?Is it that funny?"

"No no ofc not..."

"I guess that guy still has conscience heh ...." chuckled Su Nian Qing.

<<But why did he help me..?He even sent the soup for me.......WAIT-- DON'T BE BEWITCHED BY BEAUTY!! In my life I never got swayed by beauty even when I was surrounded by celebrities everytime. How can I just fall for him?! NO WAY! ITS JUST GRATITUDE.... YEAH I AM GRATEFUL~~>>

"Umm...It's so tasty!!Seems like he is good at something, I thought he is useless haha ..." Su Nian Qing laughs as she drinks the soup happily.

Cheng Ming who was outside Su Nian Qing's door and had come to check upon her,heard her talking about him. As he heard her, a faint smile appeared on his face and he left without meeting her.

Cheng Ming was going back to his chamber when he felt someone was following him and as soon as he sensed something,he heard some footsteps. He turned back immediately and held the man in captivity.

"Who are you?"

"General Cheng I am Marquis Lu." [Official of Tongniu Country]

"Marquis Lu?" Cheng Ming lets go of his arm and they enter in Cheng Ming's chamber to talk.

"General Cheng it seems you are enjoying yourself too much in Chang'an!"

"What are you doing here?"

"I am sent here to check upon you by Empress Dowager."

"Don't tell me that Marquis Lu wants to threaten me like this."

"How can I dare to do this General?But I hope you don't forget why you are sent here."

"I don't need you to make me remember what I am responsible for."

"Good! That's good! I believe that General is intelligent enough to know what's good for him.I will be taking my leave then." Says the man and leaves from the window of General Cheng's room vanishing in air.

"General....Are you really gonna do what Empress Dowager wants? Will you really kill Second Princess? To be honest,I don't think that Second Princess is that bad....." mutters Left Lieutenant.

"Don't trust anything you see.
Everything is fake. Humans look kind but are venomous. Second Princess is also not any exception." Says Right Lieutenant.

"I am not doing this because it's Empress Dowager's orders.I know she never means anything good. But I never will sway away from my responsibilities of serving my country. Atleast not for a foolish feeling like love!For me in this world only the well being of Tongniu Country matters."

"On the marriage night, we will execute our plans. No matter what happens. We have to kill her."
       -To be continued.