+ 𝙱𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚈𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚓𝚞𝚗 +

During their short getaway to Los Angeles, Yeonjun made it his plan to bring Hayeon to Venice beach with him. It wasn't like a grand plan but with Taehyun's help, he managed to book a famous restaurant near the beach so that he could enjoy a nice meal with his favourite girl.

"What's with the sudden request, oppa? It's so early in the morning. I was just thinking of sleeping through the whole day after Beomgyu oppa kept me awake the whole night due to him screaming while playing games." Yeonjun chuckled. He did feel bad for making Hayeon come out when she's supposed to be resting but what's the possibility of them coming back again? "You can sleep now, angel. I'll wake you up once we arrive. It's going to take some time so you'll have —"

Snores are all he heard. He didn't even get to finish what he's saying. Still, he's glad that Hayeon trusts him enough for her to sleep while he drives them to the destination. He had planned the whole thing with Taehyun who weren't very happy to help because he couldn't spend the time with Hayeon but he still did it after thinking how much Hayeon needed something like this. Lately, Hayeon have been so stressed that it's showing. She's more grumpy than usual and she refuses to eat when she's stressed.

After 30 minutes of driving, Yeonjun finally arrives at the destination. The view of the sea comes to live and the sound of the waves hitting the shore calms him down. He turned to Hayeon who's still deep in her sleep, "Hayeon. Angel?"

Her eyes slowly flutter open and it's being greeted by the beautiful view of the sea. "We're here. Let's go." Yeonjun left the seat to open the door for Hayeon. She was about to open the door but the guy beats her to it. With his hand reached out, Hayeon placed her hand in his and they both walked along the beach, hand in hand. It's almost sunset so Yeonjun made sure that Hayeon gets to watch it since she loves sunset.

They sat on the sand after a while of walking. Hayeon took her phone out and records the sunset. She also took a lot of pictures of the sunset. "Would you like me to take some pictures of you?" Hayeon was hesitate to say yes but it's not often that she gets to enjoy such a moment so she nodded her head. Yeonjun chuckled as the girl rushed to stand in front of him. "You need to take great pictures, oppa. I haven't been posting anything on social media for a while."

Yeonjun fished his phone out of his back pocket and opened the camera app. Wind began blowing, making Hayeon's hair flutter perfectly. She isn't even trying to be such a beauty. "You don't need to capture my face in it." She spins around to face the sea and right at that moment, Yeonjun feels like he's gone back in time. Back when Hayeon is still so young and little. Back when she's still so childish and would throw a tantrum when things doesn't go her way. Back when Yeonjun felt like she was sent to him so that he can raises her as his own sister.

"Oppa?" He hadn't realised that he's been crying because he misses how things used to be. Yeonjun forced a smile, "pose for me, angel~ Give me big movement~"

 Yeonjun forced a smile, "pose for me, angel~ Give me big movement~"

—————

After the sun had set, they both went to the restaurant that Yeonjun had booked. They sat down, waiting for the food to be served. Hayeon is smiling the whole time. The beach is her favourite place and getting to see the sunset surely elevates her mood. "You know, oppa? I feel like I'm growing up too fast." She looked up at Yeonjun with melancholic eyes. "I started training when I was really young and instead of having fun and enjoying my life to its fullest, I'm stuck in the practice room, working. I kind of regret it now."

Yeonjun was about to say something but Hayeon stops him, "but I wouldn't want it any other way because if I had chosen another path of my life, I wouldn't have met any of you guys and I hate to think about a world where you guys aren't there with me." Somehow, Yeonjun is proud of Hayeon. He did raised her somehow. Though it's not for a long period of time. He held her hand that's placed on the table and caresses the back of it. "People wanted me to be mature about how I live my life and how I handle it but I don't want that. I want to be the carefree kid who can talk about everything and anything that's bothering her without worrying about how it might makes people feel."

"I want to be a kid who are loved and doted." Yeonjun chuckled and nodded his head, "you can, Hayeon. You still have a long way to go and I understand that you've lost the precious childhood that you should've had back then but you can still relive it. However, it might be a bit different from what you had in mind." Hayeon hummed. For instance, she had always been a matured girl. She solves her problems on her own and have a great understanding of how stuffs work in a world where nothing seems to make sense. For a girl who had to leave home at such a young age and live on her own with no one to care for her, Hayeon longed for the affection of an adult.

Now that she's an adult herself, there's a big empty spot deep in her heart that's left by her inner child. Yeonjun reached out and patted Hayeon's head gently. It's his way of showing affection to others. "I know what you mean by you think you're growing up too fast and I can feel it too, Hayeon. It feels like it was just yesterday when I first met you. You were so small and childish. You're such a baby back then but look at you now. You've grown a lot," he sighed, "I don't know why but I hate to see you grow up so fast because in my eyes, you're always that little girl I first met back then."

The boys of TXT had always adored Hayeon when she was younger. They feel a strong sense of brotherly love for her that they wished she stays as their little girl forever. Hayeon stood up from her seat and engulfed Yeonjun in a warm hug. He was a little bit taken aback but it doesn't take long for him to hug her back. "We'll be there for you with every steps you take, Hayeon. It might be tough but we'll be there for you. We'll be there with you. Just because you're all grown up, doesn't mean you're not my little girl anymore."

Hayeon chuckled, "you're just the same as Soobin oppa. Am I going to be your little girl forever? What if I'm too old and have grey hair? Would I still be—"

"Yep. And I mean it, angel." As the only child in his family, Yeonjun had always wanted to have younger siblings who he could play with and give all his love to but he doesn't have that. Instead, he have four boys and a girl who he can love for as much as he could to make up the loneliness he felt back then as the only child. And by all mean, he wouldn't want it any other way.

*****