Chapter 4: Hollywood Blockbuster

"Babe, I got it!! I got the part!" I yelled into my phone as I made my way into the car.

"For the Harry Styles movie?"

"Baby, it's not his movie, but yeah that one! I have to hire a whole team once the movie is filmed. They think it's going to be big."

"Well that's great Mer, really. I'm proud of you. Let me take you to dinner? I can't this coming week until next Friday, because of work. Is that okay?"

"That's perfect Ian. Alright I gotta let you go, I gotta call my mom and Des."

"Okay, see you Friday baby, I love you."

"I love you too."

I hung up and started driving home, calling my mom and Des at the same time.

"Mer how was it?! Was Harry there again?"

Des yelled over my mom as she said hi.

I laughed, "Hi mom, and yes Des he was there. Soooo I have good news."

"You got it?!" They both yelled at the same time.

"Yes!" I squealed back, fighting back tears.

"Awe honey, daddy would have been so proud of you."

I could hear my mom start to cry and before I knew it I was too.

"Ugh, I need to get home. No more tears! We can cry when I get home safely."

Des took over the conversation as I could hear my mom crying, "Yes agreed, I'll calm mom until then. Love you Mer, I'm proud of you."

"Love you both. Be home soon!"

That weekend flew by so quickly, my mom and Des took me out to dinner Saturday, then Sunday I received an email almost every hour with contracts, table reading details, and fittings.

My mom cleared our family calendar in the kitchen and helped me write everything down. My sister made me promise to invite Harry over to dinner, to which I just rolled my eyes at. Why Harry would ever want to come here was beyond me and Ian was enough reason for me to not want that.

My first table reading was that Friday and the script was hand delivered to my house that Wednesday. I kept running my finger over my name right next to Harry's below the title. This was really happening.

HONESTLY.
Staring: Harry Styles and Miera Lopez.

"Doesn't feel real does it?"

I heard my sister say from the doorway.

"How long have you been watching me?"

"Long enough to get a photo of you daydreaming."

She smiled walking over and sitting on my bed across from me.

"You nervous?"

"You have no idea. What if I do horrible and they change their minds?"

"Not likely, you were born for this Mer. Dad knew it too."

I smiled at her, and pinched my lower lip between my fingers, "He really did huh? Always introducing me as the star of the next Hollywood blockbuster."

"You would get so angry and red when you had to explain there wasn't actually a movie."

I shook my head looking up at the ceiling, "You think he's up there, bragging about this now?"

"He's been bragging since the initial audition."

I looked down at my sister, and smiled, both of us crying.

"I can't mess it up, I gotta do this for him."

We both nodded and reached over to hug each other.