Chapter 20: Hell Week

The dreaded week was finally here and I struggled as I made my way on set. My new assistant Tania was happily waiting for me at the gate entrance with coffee and my schedule. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the fact that every single emotional scene had been scheduled for this week.

Friday was going to be the worst. My audition scene and the break up scene. I always related it back to my dad's passing. No matter how hard I tried to pick a different place to pull the emotion from, this was where I found it.

Tania was super on top of things, scrolling through her little iPad schedule, "So you have to be in wardrobe right away, I'll take all your stuff to your dressing room. I'll bring breakfast to hair and make up. You'll be out of your dressing room mainly today. Do you need me to add anything to your rider for the week?"

"Just make sure I have water. I'm going to be crying a lot this week. I need to stay hydrated. Only one coffee per day, so maybe some Coke Zero for when I need the caffeine boost please."

"Got it! Okay, now hurry hurry to get dressed." She smiled, taking my bag from me.

"Oh wait, charger! My phone is dying." I pulled the charger out of the bag and smiled as she ran off.

I missed having Des around, but Tania was nice.

I walked into wardrobe and got my outfit on for today. I texted Tania that I needed her to pick up my outfits for the rest of the day while making my way to hair and make up.

I walked in hugging Natalie and Chris, and just like the past week, an iced coffee waited for me on the little table in front of my chair.

"Still not going to drink it?" Chris smirked at me as he straightened my hair.

"Chris, stop instigating." I smiled a little as Harry walked in to get his hair and make up done.

"Morning everyone, Mer."

"Morning Harry," said Natalie and Chris.

Chris tugged my hair softly, and I glared up at him, rolling my eyes and I said softly, "Morning."

Natalie worked on Harry's make up as Chris finished up my hair. I appreciated this, because she would block his face from the mirror in front of us.

"Alright all done, just need makeup."

Natalie moved behind Harry checking her work in the mirror, "Okay, we can switch, he looks good. Alright missy, you got crying this week, so we need all the waterproof."

They switched positions and Harry cleared his throat, "You ready for this week Mer?"

"Yup. Good at being sad."

My words came out stronger than I expected and Natalie's eyes widened a bit at me.

"Mhm," was the only response I got from Harry.

He finished before me today, and walked out without saying bye to anyone. Chris stepped in front of me with his arms crossed, "Little miss thing, he's trying so hard with you! What is your problem?"

I looked up at Chris and bit my lip, "It's complicated okay. I'm not just being mean to be mean."

"Hmmm," Chris said, walking away to clean up Harry's station.

"No, no, no! The tears need to come more naturally Myra. You're forcing it too much, cut, cut, cut!" Olivia yelled at me for the 10th time.

At this point, my tears were more real than anything, and my frustration was growing stronger. Everyone had given up on correcting her when it came to my name, and I didn't even care anymore.