Chapter 9: The Ian of it All

The next day at the table read, I found my coffee waiting for me at my spot with a note from Harry to meet him at the last office on the right.

I walked out of the table read room and found the office, opening the door slowly and whispering, "Harry?"

"Hurry, come in." he whispered back.

I closed the door behind me and before I had a chance to say another word, his lips were on mine. I wrapped my arms around him, getting lost in the moment.

I broke away, when I heard someone in the hallway, looking over my shoulder.

"See, sneaking around. It can be fun." He whispered as I turned back to him.

"Also really stressful," I said, placing another soft kiss on his lips.

"We'll get better at it." He smiled, running his finger on my cheek. If only he knew how insane it drove me when he did that.

"We should get back, H."

He nodded and kissed me one last time, "You go first, I'll be right there."

I nodded and walked to the door, opening slightly to peek out, then running out, making my way back to the table read room.

During the table read, most of the scenes covered weren't mine or Harry's, so we came up with a game. We would trace words into the palms of each other's hands, writing down what our guesses were.

We sat there like children taking turns and stifling our laughter the best we could. I could feel and at times see the other cast members looking at us and smiling. If we didn't intend to be obvious of the chemistry that was clearly there, we were failing horribly.

The table read ended around 2pm, and we both began packing up our things slowly, saying goodbye to people as they left.

Soon it was just us, and the PAs made their way into the room to start picking up and setting up for the next day. At one point, one caught on that we weren't planning on leaving right away and called out to the rest that they needed to go grab something from a different location.

Once they left, Harry took one more look around, before speaking, "Come over today?"

I smiled and shook my head, "I can't H, my mom is making meatloaf."

"I'm sure there will be left overs."

"No, H. In my house, meatloaf is like a holiday. You don't make plans, and you're present. And hungry."

I looked up at him and he had the smallest pout on his face, "You can come if you want?"

I saw his face light up, and he leaned in whispering, "Meeting mum already?"

"Harry, stop. Not like that."

He leaned in closer, running his lips softly against mine, "I know. I'm just teasing," he said, finally giving me a soft kiss.

I smiled against the kiss, and looked down then back up at him, "But you have to be on time. 5pm on the dot."

"I'll be there at 4:50," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes, packing up the last of my things, "Come on, let's go and let the PAs do their jobs."

He nodded, grabbing his tote and we both walked out, keeping distance between each other.

The doorbell rang at exactly 4:50pm and I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

I sprayed on some of my favorite Replica Beach Walk perfume and ran downstairs. I got to the front door and opened it, and there stood Harry, in a flowy pink satin top, with a few buttons undone, tucked into black slacks. He carried two small bushels of flowers with him. He looked so handsome, I wanted so badly to kiss him.