Chapter 5: The Party

Friday morning I made my way through the Warner Brothers lot to the offices where the table read would be held. I was stressed out because I had woken up so late. I didn't have time to buy myself coffee. Praying that coffee would be provided was the only thing that kept me going.

I entered the room and was greeted by some familiar faces. Scott the director hugged me and introduced me to his assistant director John, and the producers Leslie and Ann.

I was guided to my seat by Mary, who I learned would be my temporary assistant until I found one on my own. Something else I added to my list of things that I needed to get done soon.

I sat in my seat and saw an ice coffee and almond croissant waiting for me and Harry. I had never been more grateful to see coffee.

"Harry had me get those for you both from Beachwood."

I turned to see Mary smiling at me, handing me a couple napkins, highlighters and pens.

"I'll have to remember to thank him. Thank you for going to grab it."

"No problem! I'm going to go print out your schedule for the week. Can I get you anything else?"

"Umm, just water please."

"Sparkling, bottled, flavored mineral? That reminds me, we need a rider from you ASAP."

I nodded quickly, "Regular is fine. And um, sorry," I lowered my voice to a whisper, "a rider? Like a list of stuff?"

She smiled, squatting down next to my seat, "Yes, we can just cover the basics, pick two drinks, two snacks, and two sweets. We can always update it before filming starts."

"Okay, I can do that. I'll have it before we leave today, thank you Mary.

She smiled, squeezing my arm before getting up and walking away. I turned to face the table and pulled out my script, I placed my pens and highlighters within reach. As I started looking through my purse for a pencil I heard someone say out loud, "Harold is here! We can start."

I looked up and we instantly made eye contact, we both smiled at what felt like the same time, and I instantly felt less nervous. Harry had been so kind to me from the start, I felt so much comfort in him. I watched as he made his round of hellos, before finally getting to me.

"I see you got the coffee and croissant." He leaned down and hugged me, before sitting down next to me.

"Yeah, thanks H. I've been craving these croissants since we had them last."

"So croissant for M, every day?" he smirked.

"How about we don't. I like fitting into my favorite jeans." I laughed.

"Alright, it'll be my once a week treat for you."

I shook my head and laughed, "You don't have to Harry."

"But I want to."

I smiled, "Fine, but then I'm allowed a treat for you as well."

"Deal. I'll let you know what I decide."

We both smiled at each other as we heard Scott clear his throat signaling that we were starting.

We ran through six scenes, and I met my other co-stars, Cassidy, Mario, Marie and Donald. By the end of the reading I felt more comfortable knowing I could do this. Scott liked some of my character ideas, and even made changes based on my feelings about certain moments in the scenes.

As everyone began packing up, Harry stood on his chair, his voice booming, "To celebrate the start of this process, I want to invite everyone over to mine for food and drinks tonight. Nice little way for everyone to get to know each other more and start off the weekend."