𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔 • Lack of strategy

DANE'S CELL PHONE wouldn't stop ringing, which had started to annoy Riven

DANE'S CELL PHONE wouldn't stop ringing, which had started to annoy Riven. With Sky at their side, near the platforms that lined the side, they watched the rookies who were fighting each other.

Riven peeked over her shoulder at what must have been five thousand messages from Terra to Dane. Were they having an affair? Riven wanted to laugh and mock Terra, but then she could strangle him with vines...

"Could you try to be a little less stupid?" Sky asked, making his best friend smile.

"That wouldn't be funny. And it wouldn't even look like me.

"Looks like you forgot about the two black eyes and sprained ankle on the first day," she continued. "Last year, remember?"

In fact, Riven wouldn't want to have to remember that. Images flashed through his head, making him squirm into a grimace. It had been a lost cause, but it had been part of his life. Unfortunately, he could never forget those things.

However, Sky quickly walked away when he saw Stella, the princess of CrazyTown, from afar, as if calling him to come to her. Fool Sky: Why did he even care?

"You're on that phone so much, it's explained why you liked my pictures on Insta last night," Riven hissed at Dane.

A warm red rose under Dane's pale brown skin.

"I was curious about the veterans," he tried to justify, stuttering. "My finger slipped!"

"Oh yes?" He laughed. "I'm feeling generous, so pay attention to this: choose your friends carefully and focus your mind. You fought with Kat and lost, I'd say your problem is there."

"On my cell phone?" Dane asked, lost.

"No! Did you hear anything I said?" he accused, irritated. "Lack of strategy."

How contradictory, since Riven himself didn't have the strategies a specialist should have when it came to Viperine. Since the intense makeout session they'd had in Dowling's office, he hadn't been able to think of anything other than that girl, who must have been more troublesome than he was.

Besides the nightmares about those damn sneaky snakes.

"Hey, Mikey!" shouted Riven. "Let's practice."

AT THE END OF THE DAY'S LESSONS, Viperine never thought she would have to go back to the greenhouse outside of mandatory. Unfortunately, she had left her jacket there in first class and needed to get it back.

However, when she opened the doors, Professor Harvey was not there, but Terra and the boy she had discovered was named Dane. She heard little of the conversation, but she was sure the boy was making a fool of himself for Terra to repeat things.

What impressed him the most was that the Earth Fairy seemed to be desperately flirting with him. Viperine shouldn't even care, it was normal among teenagers, but this way... She couldn't stay there another minute.