𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓 • Free me

SKY WAS IN THE CIRCLE OF STONES with Bloom, telling her story, and now it was his turn

SKY WAS IN THE CIRCLE OF STONES with Bloom, telling her story, and now it was his turn. But why was he doing this? Maybe it was his way of freeing himself from her, or not, but he had to try.

    "I've lived in Alfea my whole life. Silva created me," he began.

    "I saw what they did at Aster Dell, Sky," Bloom claimed, trying to be reasonable.

    "He would never have helped to massacre an entire village!"

    "Not even if he thought he was killing burns?"

    Sky opened and closed his mouth, not knowing what to say. He knew Silva would always fight for everyone's safety, even if that included burning to extinction.

    "Look, I don't think they're bad," said Bloom, reaching for Sky's hand over the stones. But I believe they are both protecting this place and themselves. So, whatever the truth is, it makes no difference what happened that day."

    Bloom's voice was evidence of her despair. Her hand under his burned, as if he were committing a betrayal.

    He squirmed, withdrawing her hand and backing away. The act did not go unnoticed by Bloom. Sky reached out, taking the bottle of water from her bag and taking a long drink. Suddenly, everything was very hot and he was sweating.

    "Sky," called Bloom, walking up to him and taking her arm.

When Sky pulled away from her touch, it was a hard, cold act. It was clear to her that he didn't want to be touched—not by her.

    "It does not give!" he exclaimed, freaking out. "I'm not who you want, Bloom. I can't be who you want."

"And what did we have?" she asked, not understanding.

    "Bloom, you are an amazing girl," he pleaded, his eyes watering in panic. "However, I am unable to...'

    Bloom cut him off.

    "It's about Viperine, isn't it? I've heard rumors around the school that the two of you had something."

    "I've known Viperine for years. We have a story together, but I fucked up, okay?" Sky revealed, trying to explain himself. "Look, I hurt Viperine. I hurt her a lot. And with her now..."

    "Do you think she returned to Alfea for revenge?" she suggested.

"Particularily," he agreed. "Viperine is unpredictable, Bloom, nobody knows what she is up to."

    Sky took a deep breath, his body hotter than ever—it wasn't normal. He was having trouble breathing.

    "I need some time," Sky said finally. "It's between you and me... I need to work things out with Viperine first."

    I need to free myself. Bloom, please understand this, he asked silently. But then, the disk Dane had given Bloom lit up. Sky looked at her, wondering what the hell it was.