𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑 • Me and you for ever

SKY SHOULD HAVE FORESEEN that Viperine, that manipulative viper, would manage to infest Riven's mind with its fatal venom

SKY SHOULD HAVE FORESEEN that Viperine, that manipulative viper, would manage to infest Riven's mind with its fatal venom. He was his best friend, always had been, no matter how complicated, so Riven should have known Sky wouldn't lie to him.

    Viperine had kissed Sky.

    He hadn't been drunk enough that night to believe it was a scene created by his troubled mind. Viperine's lips were still the same—cool and soft and inviting.

    Sky shook his head frantically, pushing those thoughts—or memories—out of her sight. He was now, more or less, with Bloom and not with Viperine.

    Oh gods! Bloom or Viperine? Viperine or Bloom?

    Everything with Bloom was easier and more peaceful. That's what Sky wanted, right? He ends his years in Alfea with a beautiful and possibly powerful girlfriend, as well as graduating as the best specialist after Silva and his father.

    But there was still something missing from her.

    Viperine had that something. She was beautiful, sexy, nothing like the other fairies she'd met. She was aggressive, fierce, not afraid to break out of the ordinary and do what she wanted. But she would do anything to achieve her goals—even get rid of those who got in her way.

    Sky was sure Viperine was there for some dark and macabre reason, but she still didn't know what it was.

"Bastard!"

He became terrified. She was pretty sure he was alone in the locker rooms after practice. Shit! Sky had nothing on her body but a towel around her waist.

    "What the fuck, Viperine!" he yelled back, his hair dripping from the shower. "You shouldn't be here."

    "And you shouldn't have told my boyfriend you kissed me," she pointed out.

    "You were the one who kissed me!"

    Viperine crossed her arms. Without noticing, Sky's eyes dropped to Viperine's breasts, which were extremely accentuated by the plunging neckline of the thin tank top she was wearing. Sky wondered when her body had changed so much. He wasn't like that from what he remembered.

    "Do you realize the trouble you've caused me?" she asked. "I never thought I'd see Riven looking like a lost dog." In fact, it was almost comical.

    "You're a damn snake. Did you know that?" he exclaimed, trying not to stutter. "Do you happen to really like Riven?" Or is he just one of your little toys?"

"Does it make a difference?" She shrugged. "And what if he's my new little toy?"

    Sky gritted his teeth, clenched his fists angrily.

    "Riven's been through too much shit," she squeaked. "He doesn't need to add you to that list."

"But, why?" She prompted, grinning evilly. "I like to imagine that when I break up with someone, I've left a big mark on them."