𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖 • Friends

THE SCREAMS echoed throughout the greenhouse

THE SCREAMS echoed throughout the greenhouse. He was glad he wasn't the only one scared, as Dane was on the verge of a breakdown next to him.

However, he didn't understand how Viperine managed to be so calm. She was sitting on the table, but she was already looking much better after eating a granola bar a few minutes ago. Anakin was curled around her neck, sleeping.

Even though he was shaking all the way to the bottom, Dane was still trying to grind those herbs, but he was failing miserably.

"I don't understand how you're so good at this," he said as he saw Riven's mound of chopped herbs.

"You don't know because you don't know the real Riven."

Verena. She entered the conservatory, closing and locking the doors behind her. From the top of the table, Viperine tried to understand what she was doing there.

"Terra and I used to hang around here a lot," Riven said, blushing slightly.

Viperine threw her head back.

"I never thought you were the nerdy type," she scoffed. "Was Terra your girlfriend too, Riven?"

"Are you crazy?" he exclaimed, disgusted. "Of course not!"

This unnerved them both.

"Riven is not like Sky, Viperine," Verena said. "And unlike you, at least, he tries to do things right."

Viperine rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Did you make that potion right?" she asked, ignoring Verena's comment. "Isn't she taking too long to wake up?"

"If she's going to be judging, do it better," Verena ordered.

"Wasn't the potion yours?" Dane yelled to Viperine, his eyes wide with fear.

But before their argument could get any further, Riven looked worriedly at Verena and asked,

"Verena, are you okay?"

"What the hell is happening to you?" exclaimed Viperine, slightly startled at the sight of her awful appearance.

Verena opened her mouth to respond, but muttered "shit" when she felt blood run down her nose.

"I want to know too," Verena said. "And I'm losing control of my powers."

"But weren't you the indestructible fairy who didn't die?" Viperine asked dramatically.

Even in pain, Verena laughed, along with a shrug.

"Finding out more about Bloom, I discovered my problem," she hissed.

"Fairy?" DanE repeated. "Aren't you a specialist?"

"It's obvious you two know each other," Riven declared. "Do you mind explaining?"