forsake

'The flames... those people didn't deserve that.' I thought. 

I was breathing heavily. Chang was looking sadly at the town. 

I heard growling and snarling. 

I snapped my fingers to get his attention. 

He looked at me surprised but saw me pointing at something. 

He sees a monster in a boat that is moving across the body of water. I hear the growls and snarls getting louder. I look over to the bridge and see a hoard of them running towards the bridge. 

I grab his hand and drag him across the sand while running at my highest speed. Chang turns his head to look over his shoulder to see the hoard running to us. 

"Don't look back Kwan." Chang said while running. 

We continue running through the woods. I can hear the monsters catching up to us. I started to breathe a bit more heavily from all the running. Sweat rolls down my head. 

I see a bridge coming up. I point to it while running. Chang takes the lead and makes us run faster towards the bridge.

I hear something hit a monster making a few of them tumble down. I hear the hooves of a horse coming to the bridge. 

"YOUR HIGHNESS! KWAN!" Muyeong yells while drawing back his bow to let an arrow out. 

We hit the platform of the bridge and the monsters right behind me get shot down by Muyeong. I trip on the planks of the bridge while doing so I let go of Chang's hand. I turn around and crawl backwards fast.

Chang grabs my arms and pulls me up so we can get to the other side of the bridge.  I can hear splashing of water. 

"Run you both!" 

We ran faster off the bridge. Muyeong grabs Chang's hand to pull him up the horse. Chang grabs my hand and pulls me up behind him. 

A monster grabs the horse and bites it making the horse neigh loudly and go on his hind legs. I almost fall off but Chang grabs my arms and puts it tightly around him. 

"Hold on tight." Muyeong says trying to move the horse. 

We all fall off the horse. Chang falls on top of me which makes me get winded. Muyeong falls right next to us looking at the horse sadly. 

Muyeong gets up just to have a monster get on him. He kicks the monster back and  takes him sword out stabbing it in its chest. 

Chang gets up quickly followed by me. Chang takes out his borrowed sword and runs to the monster heading towards us. I pull my sickle out and go towards Muyeong. I chop the monsters head off. 

I snap my fingers at Muyeong and motion for my head.

"You must aim for their heads." Chang said looking at Muyeong.

"Kwan, Your Royal Highness! The barracks.. We must head towards the barracks now!" Muyeong says back.

Muyeong grabs my arm and makes us both run with Chang following behind us.

A few moments of running and we end up running up a hill with the monsters behind us. 

I hear movement behind me stop. I stop and turn to see Chang stop. Muyeong stops as well. Then I hear the sounds of scared people running. 

"We must hurry, Your Highness. Your Highness!!" 

Chang starts running as the people get closer. 

When we hit the clearing, there was a crowd of people by the barracks. They were shouting and crying.