bloodshed

I heard rumbling in the distance. I looked around quickly. I pulled my sickle out just in case.

I went to the walls and heard the men whisper, "Something is wrong."

...

A man riding a horse came  riding closer to the wall yelling ,"The infected are approaching!"

'How are they out in the daytime?' I thought.

In the near distance another man yelled, "Master! The monsters have arrived at Byeongseong Stream!"

I ran down the stairs to the gates and opened it for the men and closed it.

'What would you do Chang?' I thought seriously. 

'He would help save these people.'

I opened the gate again and closed it behind me. I got in my stance getting ready for the monsters. I will die protecting what was built by Lord Ahn Hyeon. 

"That is the fallback signal!" I hear a man on top yell. 

"Prepare the rope ladders now!"

Ladders were put over the wall. More men came running and started running up the ladder. The men running past me. I caught an eye on the infected. 

"The infected are here!" 

Some men took their swords out and started taking the monsters heads off. 

The men on the wall started shooting arrows at the monsters. Some of the arrows hit the monster in the head but others just hit limbs. 

I kept cutting the monsters throats. I see a man next to me get bit. I take out the monster and kill the man by cutting his throat. The men that were helping started dropping like flies. 

Some of them retreated back to the ladders. 

"Fall back!" A man on the walls yelled. 

I started walking backwards and continued taking down monsters. 

I was becoming covered in the monster's blood. 

"Run lady!!" A man screamed. 

I took one more monster down and took off running into the woods. Some monsters were running after me. 

I saw a group of men in the distance in front of me. I ran faster to them. In the corner of my eye, I saw a monster jumping at me. 

I rolled out of the way and landed right back on my feet. I continued running towards the men. 

The men pointed their swords at me. 

"Duck!" Someone yelled. I ducked my head quickly. 

The men slice their swords at the monsters. 

Once the monsters were down on the ground, I quickly caught my breath. 

"You okay Kwan?" I see the person in front of me is Chang. The men looked at me as I nodded my head. 

"We're going to seriously have a talk about you not listening to me." Chang said as I blushed but it was hard to see with the monster blood all over me. 

We continued running. I don't even know where we are going. But I was following them. Yeongshin and a few other men slid down a slope at us. We ran to a locked gate. 

"The gate is locked." A man said. 

"Form a barrier!" Chang yells. 

Men start forming a barrier. Lord Ahn Hyeon helped as well. I went to move but I had to lean against the wall. My heavy breathing was making me see black dots.