dropping

Some men ran to the gate and were using their bodies to hold the gate closed. 

"What should we do?" questioned Beompal shakily.

Officer Min said, "We will make sure Your Royal Highness can get out of here."

"Are you saying I should sacrifice everyone just so that I can survive? I cannot do that. Not even to her." Chang said seriously while looking at me. 

I looked away and tightened my grip on my sickle.

Officer Min spoke up, "Your Royal Highness. Someone has to get out of the palace and let the people know."

'The people need to know the crimes the Cho have done.' I thought angrily. 

The banging of the monsters continued with their growling increasing. 

Officer Min then said, "The rear garden isn't far from this building. We cannot go to the main gate, but we may be able to escape that way. There is no time to lose. Let us escort you to the rear garden."

Changs stance faltered for a second and he whispered, "The rear garden..."

I see that Chang is looking at the roofs around us. 

I quickly asked, "How many bullets do we have?"

Yeongshin answered, "We can't take down all of them even if we use all the bullets that we have left."

"The bullets are not for them." Chang says. 

I thought for a second and understood what he meant. 

I said, "If we use ourselves as bait, it may work."

"Everyone to the roofs." Chang ordered. 

Quickly everyone went to get on top of the roofs. The men holding the gate quickly let go, running to us. Some men grabbed their hands lifting them on top of the roofs. 

I took a dagger out of Yeongshin's pocket and aimed it to the side of my hand. I drag the dagger making a trail of blood flow through the cut. Dripping down the side of the roof. 

The monsters burst through the doors and ran to where the blood is dripping from, their mouths wide open trying to get a sip of my blood. 

I move away from the edge to see that Chang and other men are doing the same thing. I started running followed by Chang and the others. 

Half of us split up. This is going to probably make this go faster. 

I run to the edge and squeeze my fist making blood drip out of my cut. The monsters underneath it, the growling growing louder. I run away from the edge and go back to the others. 

While we ran, the men with us split off from us leaving me with Chang. 

Chang turns his head for a second and says to me, "Keep your eyes up. Don't look at the ground." I nodded my head at him.

I hear screaming making me turn my head to see a man fall off the roof to the ground making me shudder. 

Chang grabs my uncut hand and says, "Let's go. We continue forward."

I ran with him hearing a gunshot rung through the air. 

'That's Yeongshin.' I thought worriedly. 

Chang and I continued throwing our blood off the edge of the roofs. 

We stop when we hear snarling in front of us. Chang lets go of my hand and holds his sword pointed at the noise. I followed with my sickle pointed to the noise.