indignation

The sun rising woke me up. I felt pain in my throat. There was more pain in my tensed muscles but it has been about a week since I've last eaten. 

I felt movement on my head. I hear people saying they survived the night. I open my eyes and my eyes meet Chang's eyes. I blush and lift my head off his shoulder. 

Chang got up off his seat and looked up at the sky. Muyeong walked to the barakade on the gate and started moving it out the way. He looks through one of the cracks on the wood of the gate.

"Your Highness. The monsters are going away."

Yeongshin ran to the wall and jumped to get on the roof. He was looking to see if what Muyeong said is true. 

I got up from my spot  and moved to Seobi. 

"They are all gone!" Yeongshin said. 

Chang looked relieved.

I helped Seobi move the things from the barn to get the people hiding out. 

"They are gone now. You can come out." Seobi said softly to the people. 

A little girl ran out and hugged Seobi. 

I see Chang walk to a room. I walked after him to see him sitting and his hand shaking a little bit. 

I grab his hand to stop the shaking. I snap my fingers at him to get his attention. I mouth and signed, 'Thank you.'

He softly smiled at me and said, "Your welcome. I'm just worried about these people." 

After he said that I pulled him into a hug. He hugged me back.

'I love his heart. He cares for these people not like the other officials.' I thought. 

I pulled away and was about to walk out till Chang said, "Kwan, while you were asleep... Yeongshin and Seobi showed us a little sign language so it could be easier to talk to you."

To test out if he was telling the truth I signed, 'Thank you.'

He smiled and chuckled. 

"Your Royal Highness. May I come in?" Muyeong said from outside. 

"You may come in."

Muyeong walks in and sees me.  

"Good morning Kwan." Muyeong said while smiling at me. 

I mouth and signed, 'Good morning.'

"What did you want Muyeong?"

"Your Highness, I think you should come out."

He got up and walked out. I walked behind him just to see the people bowing their heads at Chang.

An older man in the front said, "Thank you, Your Royal Highness. Thank you for saving us!"

The people all said thank you.

"Treat the wounds and prepare some food to eat." Chang said. 

I hear a "Yes, Your Highness."

I walked to the little kids just to see Yeongshin tying it to a rope ball. He kicked it and the kids ran. 

Yeongshin was smiling and so was I. I ran after the kids leaving behind Yeongshin. 

I was kicking the ball with them. 

I passed the ball to a little girl. She passed it back to me and I kicked it thinking I was aiming at the little boy but the ball hit Chang's leg. Muyeong looked at him and they both looked back to see me and the kids.