death-dealing

Night time hit the Educational Institution near Hanyang Castle. 

Soldiers stood all around with a stick on fire acting like a candle. Chang stood in the middle just standing looking at everybody. He finally said, "Tomorrow morning, your families, who were taken to the Investigation Bureau, will be beheaded. Continuing to serve me might put all of you in danger. Will you all stay loyal to me nevertheless??"

I see the captain soldier known as Yu Saeng walked away with a solemn face. The sun rises over the horizon and the man hops on a horse riding away slowly. I ran after the man through the woods.

When Yu Saeng stands near a cliff and puts his hand inside the fabric of his shirt and pulls out a book holding it in front of him. 

He then says, "Come out."

I walked into the clearing and he looked at me. 

"Why are you following me?" He asked me.

I see that the book he is holding is the king's patient journal. 

"Just wanted to see if you were alright." I simply say back to Yu Saeng. 

"My family is going to be beheaded. My wife and kid. And I can't do anything about it."

I thought for a second and said back, "Then let's change that. I will save them even if I end up in their place. You have my word."

He looked at me shocked and opened his mouth to say something but I quickly added, "You can't say anything to change my mind. Family is important. I lost all my family... I then learned that family doesn't have to be blood and I am still losing my family. I would do anything to protect them."

Yu Saeng held his arm out and I grabbed it getting on top of the horse. He raced the horse back to the camp.

"Get what you need." He simply said. 

I got off the horse and ran to get my sickle. In the corner of my eye on a table I see two small knives. I quickly hid them in my clothing. I left and went back to Yu Saeng who is now changed in white clothes. 

"Got what you need?" I said lowly so no one heard. 

He nodded his head. We headed back to the horse. We got on and rode the horse to Joseon's market place. We stopped behind the market stalls. 

While walking through the stalls, I see a lone arrow. I quickly grab it and walk with Yu Saeng to where all the commotion is taking place. 

"Mom!" I hear a little boy yell. The little boy was getting dragged by a guard. 

The woman ran and grabbed the little boy pulling her out of the man's grasp while yelling, "Please! Let him go!"

The man harshly grasps the woman and her kid. 

Yu Saeng's breathing weakened. 

I whispered, "That's your family."

He didn't say anything just looked at the commotion in front of him. 

The little boy looked at him and cried, "Father." The mother quickly covered the kid's mouth so Yu Saeng wouldn't get caught. 

Since nobody was paying attention, I grabbed the lady's arm which was also connected to the little boy's body and pulled her to Yu Saeng.

The guards start running towards us. 

I yell to the family, "Run!!"

The family runs out of the scene.

I take my sickle out holding it by my side waiting for the guards to get near me.

'Nobody is getting this family.' I angrily thought.