Chapter 2

Lynx's POV

The Royal Manor. Known as the house for the royals, although it was mainly just a training ground. It's also the place where the participants in the Wizardry Competition stayed when they weren't, well, competing. While the outside the Royal Manor appeared very rustic and old with its stone walls and cobblestone paths, it was actually quite modern and luxurious on the inside. The walls were adorned with paintings and pictures, and there wasn't a single empty room. The resting chambers were pretty spacious as well, with polished dark oak closet, nightstand, and bedframe. Surprisingly, there was a couch in the room, and even a few bookshelves.

That's where I was. My 'bedroom'. Well, where I was before I was summoned to the main office. I had just tossed my backpack onto the bed when some man (who kind of looked like a butler) walked in and told me, "The General would like to see you. Please follow me." So now I'm standing in the General's office, alone, wondering why I'm even in here.

I probably stood there for about a minute before the General finally walked in. "Ah, Mr. Hart. Sorry to keep you waiting. Please, take a seat." Reluctantly, I pulled one of the chairs out from under the desk and sat down. The General sat in his respective spot across from me and folded his hands on the desk.

"So, what is this about, General?." I asked him, my mind racing, a million thoughts swirling around. Why was I summoned here? Am I in trouble? Is something wrong?

"Please, call me Mr. Langston. And no need to fret, you're not in any sort of trouble. This is about your magic."

I blinked. "My... magic?"

He looked at me, his face seemingly emotionless. "Yes, your magic. I know about it. I know what you can do."

I gulped. "And-"

He nodded. "Yes, I know what happened to your parents as well."

A chill racketed through my body, bringing a shiver down my spine. No one was supposed to know about that. Not even most of the government. "How?..."

Mr. Langston hummed thoughtfully, bringing his fist to his lips. Bringing his hand down, he answered, "I can't tell you that, Lynx. But... you're a smart boy. I'm sure you'll find out eventually. Now, head down to the main foyer, there's an activity waiting down there for you and the other competitors."

I pushed away from the desk and sat up before putting my chair back and heading towards the door. As I grabbed the cool metal handle, Mr. Langston gave me one last bit of conversation. "Mr. Hart?", He asked, my head turning toward him, "Be careful.".

And so I walked down to the main foyer, not so eager for whatever this "activity" was. When I got there, there were already 11 other kids there, so it appeared I was the last one. There was a boy with messy brown hair and gray-blue eyes, a girl with pretty blonde hair and blue eyes, a boy with brown hair and pale green eyes, a girl with wavy dark blonde hair and hazel eyes, and a boy with dark brown hair and green eyes. Aside from those 6, there were 5 others, but they didn't particularly stand out.

We all kind of just stood there for a few minutes before someone walked in. He was kind of... nerdy? looking, with round glasses, a mess of curly dark brown hair, and a pen and notebook in hand. "Okay! Um, everyone get in a circle on the ground! And, uh, be quiet!" He somewhat shouted to us. We must have all felt bad for the guy or something, because we all immediately followed his directions. Well, I just did what everyone else was doing, which happened to be exactly what he told us to do.

"We do this every year, so I will not hear any complaints. Since we don't want anyone killing each other, and there will be teamwork development, we'll be getting to know each other."

Sooo how was it? What are your thoughts so far? I know this chapter was also mainly focused on Lynx, but that's just because the others hadn't been introduced yet. We kind of go into introductions in the next chapter. (Also, thank you guys for 500+ reads!)

*In my best radio announcer voice*

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, there you have it. We hope you all enjoyed this lovely chapter. Remember The Wizards of Myst updates on Saturdays, so stay tuned and listen in!"