Chapter 10

Isla's POV

"Oliver. Olly. Oliver. Hellooo?"

Olly rolled over in his bed, a cocoon of blankets around him. "Ugh, go away Isla." He whined, not seeming to care that somehow, I was in his room.

"No. Commee oonnn. Get. Up!" I pulled the blankets away, revealing Olly's bright yellow pajamas with little gray rhinos on them, and I burst out laughing.

"Heyyy. I like rhinos, okay?" He defended, grabbing the blankets back from me. "Why are you in my room? And how'd you get in here, anyway?"

I flopped onto his bed. "Your door was unlocked. And can I not just visit you?"

He looked at me suspiciously when he said, "No, you never do something without a reason. Now tell me."

"Fiiiiiinnneee." I hesitated for a second before saying, "I couldn't sleep."

Oliver looked at the clock, then back to me. "Isla, it's been 15 minutes since you went to your room. Did you even try to fall asleep?"

"Ummmm...." I thought, fidgeting with the end of one of the blankets.

"......no. But, in my defense, it was cold in my room!"

Olly wrapped one of the blankets around me. "What made you think it wouldn't be cold in my room?"

"Because you're in here."

"Um... yeah, you don't wanna know."

Oliver sighed, and tucked himself back under to covers. "Well, are you going to sleep, or keep sitting there?"

...

I woke up to the sound of an alarm clock, blaring like an angry eagle mama. "Ughhh turn it off."

I reached over Olly to silence the alarm, and he turned over. "Just a few more minutes." He whispered tiredly.

"Nope! As much as I'd like to sleep in, we gotta get up. Remember, we're all going into town today!"

He sat up, and I started snickering. He rubbed his eyes and groggily asked, "What?"

Between gasps of giggles, I managed to say, "Your hair."

The left side of his hair was pressed against his cheek, while the right side was sticking up at random.

Oliver crossed his arms in defense. "I bet I rule the bed head."

"You rule everything."

Olly jumped to his feet, grabbed his clothes, and headed to the bathroom. Before closing the door, he told me, "Knock on the door when you're done changing."

...

Once we were done getting ready for the day, we headed down to the main foyer to meet the others.

Apparently, everyone had decided to come down early, because Oliver and I were the last ones there. Even General Langston was waiting for us, sitting in a chair and sipping a cup of coffee.

"Ah, Mr. Wylder, Ms. Jones, you decided to join us."

"Whelp, this is embarrassing."

"Uh, yeah, sorry we're late." Olly apologized.

Mr. Langston took another sip of his coffee before setting his cup on the coffee table beside him, and smiled. "Actually, you're right on time."

...

The carriage rattled, and we all shifted in our seats. It was a fairly big carriage, and could somehow fit all 8 of us. Cal groaned, resting his head on Nao's shoulder. Nao pushed him off of their shoulder, making some excuse about him being too heavy.

I shook my head, laughing a bit. "I still can't get over the fact that the "all-mighty prince" has motion sickness."

Cal slumped down further in his seat. "S-shut up. It's not my fault the road is bumpy."

I would argue the fact that his parents are the King and Queen and in charge of the whole kingdom, including the roads, but that would probably just make this argument go on forever. Plus, we were pretty much to the town now.

I could see the trees parting, leaving way for a cobblestone road leading into the small city. Scents of fresh baked bread and pastries wafted through the now-open windows of the carriage, and I felt my mouth water.

As we neared closer to the town, I could see people moving about, rushing to set up their shops for the long day to come. Children were running about, playing ball in the streets and shrieking in delight.

It felt nostalgic, despite never having experienced something or someplace quite like this.

The carriage came to a halting stop near the entrance of the town, and we all jumped out. The driver waved goodbye to us, and led the carriage back to Royal Manor, leaving just the 8 of us standing there on the side of the road.

"Well, let's get going!"

Oh hey guess who finally updated? Yeah, sorry about that. I just got too busy with sports and school. But, I plan on getting back on schedule now! Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter! Have a good day!