Chapter 9

Winter's POV

"Woah woah woah. Back up. What do you mean something bad is going to happen?"

...

"Sooo, let me get this straight. Along with your telepathy, you have precognition powers, and had a precognition just now. During your precognition that just happened, you had flashes of images that said something bad was going to happen?"

August nodded his head, fear evident in his usually sparkling blue eyes.

"Yeah. It was really bad."

"What did he see that got him this worked up?"

"Well... do you know when it's going to happen?" I asked.

August paused. "Well, um, not exactly?..."

"Not exactly? What's that supposed to mean?"

He fidgeted with the hands, looking oh-so-adorable. "I don't know exactly when it's going to happen, but I've never had a precognition that hasn't happened in less than a year."

"Why so worried then?"

August looked at me, obviously confused. "What do you mean? Something bad is going to happen. Why would I not be worried?!"

"Would you rather spend a whole year worrying and not having fun, or have fun for a year until this "something bad" happens?"

"But... what if I have fun for a year, but I'm too relaxed and not prepared when something happens, and then it's even worse than I thought because I wasn't prepared, and then everything gets hurt, or even worse we all die and-"

I wrapped my arms around him in a hug, and his face turned red. "Relax. Take a deep breath and relax. Focus on me."

He sucked in a breath, and his body relaxed against mine. We stood like that for a few minutes, until we heard someone clear their throat behind us.

"Ahem. Am I interrupting something, boys?

We quickly scrambled apart. "Uh, nope, nothing."

General Langston looked at us with a smile and a raised eyebrow. "Sure. Anyway, since you two have completed the assignment, why don't you change into your regular clothes, and then follow me back to the main foyer?"

...

We made it back to the main foyer around the same time as Oliver and Isla, and Eriana and Lynx came a minute later. Not long after that, Nao and Cal came in, followed by a sulking Elliotte and Kong.

From their faces, it was pretty easy to guess which group had completed the challenge and which group hadn't.

General Langston talked with Elliotte and Kong for a minute, and then they both ran off somewhere.

Eriana and Oliver were talking, something like,

"The technology was awesome!"

"I know, right?!"

So as it seemed, Eriana and Oliver were basically fawning over all the technology from what we had just done.

General Langston clapped his hands to get our attention. "Ok! Listen up! All 8 of you have progressed to the next round! Round 3 will be held after lunch tomorrow. Tonight, we will be providing you dinner. Tomorrow, you all must go out into town together and use the money we will give you to spend your time before Round 3."

"We're going into town? Huh."

"In a few hours, dinner will be served. For now, go back to your rooms, or congregate in someone's room, whatever, as long as you're not here."

...

After dinner was over, we all went back to our rooms for the night. I wasn't very tired though, so I just lay down in the bed, thinking.

"Tomorrow will be pretty cool I guess, with all of us going out to town together. And, nothing bad will happen in town, right?...."

Ok I definitely could've ended that chapter better and made the chapter longer but.... Yeah. Sorry. But I'm kind of excited for the next chapter. Hbu? Any questions?

Also, sorry for the late update, I was having trouble getting computer time.

And, for anyone who didn't see the message I posted, if the characters in The Wizards of Myst were in a royal universe, what roles would they have? (but they can't be a prince, princess, king, or queen)

Have a good day!