(Part Thirteen)

(Part Thirteen/Edited)

   Mitch struts in with the beer under his arm and Carson follows close behind

Julie questions them when they walk past. "They really sold that to you guys?".

Mitch quickly replies and continues walking. "Course".

Carson smirks and winks at her. "Of course they did, sweetheart".

Julie looks away blushing and she giggles with her friend. "Cool".

Once they reach the pink table, Mitch gives Melvin the beer.

"Oh yeah".

Him and Wooderson exchange some kind words.

Mitch reaches down into his pocket.
"Here's your change too".

"Ah don't worry about it man. A beer for my partner".

He denies and hands a can to Wooderson.

Melvin looks back at Mitch. "Want a beer?".

The teen kindly excepts. "Yeah. Can Carson have one too?".

Melvin nods at him. "Yea of course".

Mitch reaches out to hand her a can but she hesitates. "I don't know,man".

Her best friend giggles and throws an arm over her shoulder. "Hey I'm not gonna pressure into anything but it would be nice to you know...not be so uptight".

Carson punches him in the stomach and he laughs it off and elbows her.

She shrugs and grabs it out of his hand, nodding as a thank you. "Fine".

Melvin grins and softly pushes her shoulder. "Alright".

Mitch pulls her in and gives her a noogy. "That's my girl".

She tries to act calm on the outside but she's screaming on the inside.

"Yea, whatever, princess".

The girl chuckles and throws a hand over his neck.

    "Guys. Party at the Moon Tower". Wooderson reminds, getting ready to leave.

Pink compliments it. "Oh. Beautiful. Oh, my man".

"You and me pick up the first two kegs. I'm going to collect for the rest. Spread the word man. Nashville, party at the Moon Tower".

Wooderson says and walks away for good.

Melvin smiles before he chucks the losers the remaining cans and leaves.
"Hey, good game man. You too".

Carson steps on Mitches foot looking at him. She gestures at him, secretly.

He rolls his eyes, grumbles and gets up. Him and Carson strut over towards Julie. The girl gets closest to her.

Carson whispers something into her ear, slightly gazing her hand with hers.

Which she replies with a head nod and a "yea".

"Thanks, sweetheart.".

She winks and grabs Mitches hand, dragging him away out the door and signaling towards something outside.

   Julie and her friend walk past O'Bannion playing pool.

Julie talks purposely loud. "Have you heard that they are busting Carl Berneck out back?".

The O'Bannion grabs her arm and stops her. "Woe, woe. What did you say?".

"About what?".

The O'Bannion questions her again. "Carl Berneck. What about him?".

Julie shrugs at him. " I just heard he was getting busted. I don't know".

The O'Bannion runs over towards Benny, exchanging a few words before the he dashes outside.

Mitch seems pleased with himself and him and Carson high five each other.

Carson walks away towards Slater to see what he's up to.

    Don goes over towards Mitch. "Hey man. That Julie chick. Loves you. Oh yeah. You want her? Got to play it cool you know".

He continues on. "Can't let her know how much you like her, 'cos if she knows she'll dump you like that. Believe me. Like if she-".

Mitch raises his eyebrows, not interested in anything that has to do romantically with a girl that's not Carson.

Mitch lets out a chuckle and a head shake. "Let me you stop you right there, man. I'm not really interested in her. I mean she's pretty but... ".

Mitch trails off and leans back. "I've had my eye on someone else... for a long while now".

Mitch gazes around the room and It stops on his best friend.

She's busy talking to Slater, talking about everything and anything, mostly alien theories.

She explains what's she's talking about so gracefully and she uses her hands when moving around.

Carson looks so beautiful doing absolutely anything. She's the type you look back at, more than twice.

Her stubborn but caring attitude make her more attractive than she already is. Once you get to know her, the two opposite traits can be more magnetic than ever.

    Her eyes meet his for a second and she waves and grins at him.

He does the same, having this lovesick demeanor, that only him and Carson don't notice.

Don chuckles and shoves him. "I knew it the whole time. The way you guys act around each other. Especially, the way you act around her".

He puts his hand onto Mitches shoulders. "The way you guys argue shows how much you would fight for each other. Doesn't make sense but if you think hard enough. It really does".

The boy puts on a goofy grin and he looks back at Carson. "Yea....I guess it does".