Now You're Gonna Pay: S3E3

"You feel this?", the doctor asked. "Today, yea.", I respond. "Really?", my dad asks. "Yea!", I yell happily and everyone looks at me crazily, "Sorry.". "Can you wiggle your toes?", the doctor starts playing with my toes and I pull my foot away. "Good. Good.", the doctor whispered, "Do you wanna try sitting up?". I sit up, I mean, I have been practicing. "Amazing!", the doctor smiles, "Maybe we could try walking tomorrow.". "Tomorrow?", I sigh. "Well, we could try today.", he explains and I grin, Really?". The doctor sighs, "No, I'm playing you.". I sigh again and the doctor smiles, "I'm just kidding. I was being sarcastic. Of course you can try.". I move my legs and my dad puts his arm under my shoulder. I stand up and my legs are wobbly but eventually steady. I take a step and smile as I haven't fallen yet. Yet. After that step I fall and the doctor sighs, "Good try, Ms. Y/l/n. We'll try tomorrow.". I shrug, "Alright.". Both my dad and the doctor help me up and place me in the bed. "Thanks.", I mutter.

Once they leave and it turns dark, I move my legs to the edge of my bed. I scooch myself off the bed and take a step. I don't wabble and take another step. And another. And another. And another. I repeat the steps until I'm fully walking. I start making my way down the hallway and into Miguel's room. He's watching the tv.
"Hey, loser. How ya doing?", I ask and he lights up, "Y/n! You're walking now?!". I grin and walk over to his bed, "Apparently. Was just practicing and ended up here. How about you?". He looks a bit upset, "Not yet. Was hoping to in a bit, but so far I can't move anything my waist. I'm supposed to have surgery on Friday, but it'll cost a lot. My moms gonna be on dept.". I grin, "I'm sure I can help with that! I'll ask my dad to pay for the surgery.". "Really?", he asks, a small smirk forming over his face. "Pfft. You tried to save my sorry ass, it's the least I could do.", I hug him. "Thank you, Y/n. Can't say it enough.", he hugs me tighter and I smile, "Of course.".