Orphan tears

Song suggestion ~~ 威風堂々 (Ifudoudou) - Vivid BAD SQUAD

"Master Diluc, there's someone here to see you." Both of you look up at the door and you shrug when he looks back at you, as if he thought you knew who was coming to see him. Wait maybe he was just asking for permission to leave you-

"I guess the stories will have to wait until another day." He says, standing up and moving to the door. "I'm coming." He calls out to Adelaide.

"Wait, why another day? Can I not explain when you've finished talking to them?" You ask, curious as to where he was running off to. He shifts to face you, hand on the door handle.

"I'm afraid not. I have business to attend to with them." You give him the best curious expression possible and he sighs. "It's just concerning the dragon that the Knight of Favonious have failed to take care of."

Holy shit they were already this far into this story? Well it's not that far into the story but still-

...

"Can I come? I don't have a means of protecting myself but I've never seen a dragon before." You ask with little hope but he pauses remembering what your world is like.

"I suppose you could come out to meet them..." He mumbles before opening the door. "Follow me, we will get food after this meeting."

"Wait holy shit really?" You blink standing up in surprise, flinching at the pain in your ankle.

"Quick before I change my mind." He says with a heavy sigh and walks out the door, you follow quickly after him. "And watch your language.." He mutters quietly enough that you missed what he said.

You weren't going to lie, you didn't expect that you would meet Venti and Jean so soon. You were also excited to see which traveller it was. You had a feeling it would probably be Aether with the theories floating around that he was the cannon protagonist, he was also the character portrayed walking around Sumeru in the trailer.

Sure enough when you reached the entrance there stood Jean and Venti. It finally clicked that there was quite a decent height difference between you and Diluc as you look between Jean and Venti. You were between Jean and Venti, leaning more to the tall side, while Diluc still had at least a half a head on both you and Jean and almost a full head on Venti . You note that the traveller hadn't arrived yet.

"Ah Diluc glad that you could join us. Who's your companion?" Jean greets looking at you, Venti also turns to face the two of you at the mention of a second person.

"This is someone I found wandering around a cliff. They say they come from another world and have no idea how to get back." Diluc replies almost grumpily.

"I have a name you know. I'm [Y/n], nice to meet you both." You say, bending your hips to form a very small bow. Venti straightens, a shit eating grin spreading across his face as he returns a bow. You had definitely fed his ego with the bow.

"I'm Venti the Bard. Glad you could join us." You almost giggle at his almost dramatic bow but Jean shakes her head and tugs the top of Venti's shirt to straighten him.

"Please no need to bow, we don't do that here in Mondstadt." You nod with a small smile on your face, nevertheless she gives you a strong nod. "But still, it is nice to meet you. I'm Jean. I hope we can find a way to get you home to your world."

"Now that the pleasantries are over with, where is the traveller?" Diluc interrupts before you could respond to Jean, wondering why she hadn't introduced herself as the acting grandmaster. The group turned slightly to look over the horizon to try and catch sight of the traveller.