The Boring One

Song suggestion ~~ Soft Boy - Wilbur Soot

Had Xiao told the other adepti about you knowing the future? Well you were about to find out. The group of you finally reached the Border of Jueyun Karst. Aether began looking around while looking towards the stairs where you knew Moon Carver would appear. Just as you remember a deer-like creature walked down the stairs.

"And who are we? Those who dare enter Jueyun Karst?" His voice seemingly played directly into your brain rather than being spoken out loud. It weirded you out but Aether presented the sigil as if there wasn't a voice in your brain.

"Please look at this." He says holding the sigil towards the deer-like adeptis. Moon Carver hums, intrigued.

"A Sigil of Permission... Many seasons have passed since one has been in the presence of such an item." He "says" as if reminiscing on a past that no longer exists. He seems to straighten up slightly, his vibe went from threatening to polite in a matter of seconds. "He who is before you is the mighty and illuminated adeptis, Moon Carver. Speak, travellers. What business have you here?"

Your brain was about to melt with the weird language but you got the rough idea of what he was saying. Your ears pick up on some chatter behind you and you turn, eyes searching for the Millelith soldiers.

"Actually-" Paimon was cut off by the Millelith noticing the group of you.

"It's the assassins!" The leader yells and they push the spear into the group with a light thud. "They dared flee to Jueyun Karst!"

"Sir, we've already stepped too far into Jueyun Karst ourselves..." One of the Millelith interjects and the leader shakes his head.

"We- argh- there's no choice. Apprehending the assassin is our top priority, we must press on." He says moving forward and you could feel the glare of Moon Carver behind you.

"Disturbing our borders..." He turned his head to look at Aether while the group of you watched the Millelith approach. "See them gone. One will not have interruption." Aether nods and his sword appears in yellow sparks in his hand.

Instead of keeping your spear in your bag or the part of your bag, you kept it on your back for faster access. It was a lot easier to take a spear off your back than reaching into your bag and pulling it out from there. The strap that kept the spear on your back was commissioned for you by Rosaria. She hadn't questioned why your bag was the only way you could access your "inventory" but she did say that this would be more convenient.

You were happy to be able to fight alongside Aether. You had run into little problems on the way here but you were ready to fight. As the soldiers charged at you, you reached out with your spear and whacked it across a soldier's cheek, surprisingly knocking him out. From what you remember there were about twenty? soldiers in the game but now they were pretty evenly spread between you and Aether, Aether was powering through them with ease. You on the other hand had still only been fighting with a polearm and elemental energy for just over a month. You were just skilled enough to keep the soldiers from disarming you because you have ✨main character energy ✨.

You spin around as a Millelith gets a little too close to you, blocking the spear that was close to knocking you out, or if you had been slightly more to the left, stabbing you. You slam your spear into the ground letting out a burst of cryo energy as Aether activates his Q, knocking all the soldiers away from the both of you. They stumble away as the leader looks around at some of the knocked out soldiers and the other ones still struggling to take the two of you down.

"Retreat!" He yells and the Millelith soldiers don't need to be asked twice, they turn tail and run, grabbing the unconscious people on the way.

"We've digressed." Moon Carver says, turning your attention away from the retreating men. "State your purpose, travellers."