Lots of Lore

Song Suggestion ~~ Best Served Cold - JT Music 

You had forgotten about what happened after the Stormterror battle until Aether had led you to the Cathedral and you found Jean and Venti talking to Barbara.

"This is Barbara, the Deaconess of the Church. She's here to retrieve the Holy Lyre der Himmel." Jean introduces, gesturing from Aether to Barbara. You give her a small smile as she raises a hand to her heart.

"May the anemo arcon protect you." She says softly and you glance at Venti who was whistling innocently and swinging his foot as if kicking rocks. Barabra goes on to thank Aether for helping and Jean nods.

"Now the Fatui will have no choice but to keep their mouth shut. They must be fuming that things didn't go their way." Almost immediately after Jean mentioned the fatui you start to sweat bullets. La Signora shows up after they leave the Cathedral. Should you try to stop Signora? Should you try to stand back and then take the Gnosis and run?

"Ah the Holy Lyre!" Barbara's distressed cry snaps you out of your thoughts and you bite your lip at the broken instrument. It wasn't as broken as the game but there were snapped strings and a few chips of wood missing while being extremely discoloured.

"Even if I atoned for these sins for the rest of my life, it would never be enough." You look over to Venti as Barbara falls to her knees and crosses your arms. He rubs the back of his head nervously before sighing.

"Oh, give it here." He says guiltily, taking the Lyre from Aether. The air swirls around and you watch as the strings "repair" themselves and the bright colours return to the instrument. Barbara stares for a second before snatching the lyre and hugging it to her chest.

"I don't know how you managed to fit it but you're never touching the Holy Lyre again." She quickly struts off quickly, defending the Lyre from the group of you.

"We ah, should really get going. That trick I used to 'repair' the Holy Lyre- I mean the magic I used. It is going to last forever, you know." He leans forward and winks before booking it for the door with a Salute, Aether following quickly after him. You wave a goodbye to Jean and run after them, a constant flow of swear words flowing from your mind. As Venti runs out both you and Aether notice the puddles that rise out of the ground from where he just stepped. Aether speeds up and jumps in front of the agents as they lunge at Venti, using anemo to deflect the pyro fatui agents. You say at the steps as the agents jump back and sink into the ground, not wanting to be caught in Signora's ice.

A snap sounds through the air and an icy breeze comes tearing past you. Though Venit tries to deflect it, his legs end up frozen. The two pyro agents hold back Aether and you stay behind the pole, hoping for the right moment to try and stop her from taking the Gnosis.

"So this is Mondstadt's rodent ruler in the flesh." Signora says with a smirk as Venti tugs at his legs. He glances back at Aether for a second before glancing at the stairs to try and find you. "Scurrying through the streets, looking for leftovers." She lifts up Venti's chin, forcing him to look at her. "Mondstadt calls this a god?"

"Resident rodent... beats invasive vermin-" Venti gets out before Signora slaps him across the face. You flinch as Aether struggles against the agents holding him. You chew on your lip, not knowing when you should jump in.

"Don't you dare speak back to me, you incolent bard." Signora frowns before air begins to swirl around Venti. She smirks and begins to walk towards him, you would have laughed at the height difference had your heart not been beating 100 miles per hour. "Look at you, absentee archon of Mondstadt... how impotent you've become."