The final battle

Song Suggestion ~~ うっせえわ (ussewa) - Ado

After meeting Kaeya in Mondstadt a few days ago you tried to avoid the city if you could. Only really crossing the bridge if Aether or Venti had something to show you. You mostly hung around Dawn Winery, figuring out ways to incorporate air into attacks. Aether found a basic polearm for you to use on one of his commissions but you had no idea how to use it and were just bullshitting your way through learning it. Aether had tried his best to teach you the basics and although better than nothing you probably still looked stupid so he taught you the basics of hand to hand combat as well.

Jean had turned up the day before to give you some pointers on how to use anemo with a weapon and demonstrated her air jab on nearby slimes. So despite having no experience at all you could now at least hold your own against a small group of slimes and maybe a hilichurl or two. You were now a discount Heizou with a pointy stick as your attacks were mostly just jabs and slices combined with anemo energy.

In saying that you still weren't that confident in your skills so when you were standing in front of the storm barrier of Stormterror's liar you almost shit yourself when the mitachurl and its supports appeared.

"This isn't right, there shouldn't be any hilichurl camps in the vicinity to Stormterror's lair..." Jean says, standing by Aether as they get in a battle stance. "Aether, [Y/n], I'll leave the mitachurl to you, Diluc and I will take out the supports."

Jean and Diluc give a nod to each other and you blink in surprise. "Wait what-" But Aether had already rushed forward, leaving you to run after him while Venti just stood back and watched.

"[Y/n], attack from behind, I'll attack from the front." Aether says, bending down in a way that says "land-on-my-hands-I'll-boost-you-over." You nod and run forward, both you and Aether use the air to boost you upwards.

You take out your polearm from your bag in mid air (turns out your weapon doesn't disappear the way a character's does) and while Aether was attacking the shield you raise the pole above your head like a pickaxe, using anemo to add extra flare (and damage). The mitachurl looked up just as you slammed the pole onto its head. It yells as you jump away before it could hit you with its shield. With its attention now on you Aether was able to come up behind it and defeat it. It falls to its knees before disappearing in a cloud of red ash.

"Huh, that was easier than I thought." You mutter picking up the heavy horn and offering it to Aether who gives it to Paimon. Another thing that you had noticed is that Paimon was like Aether's backpack, any items he picked up she would take, disappear in her constellations and appear a few second later, no longer holding the item.

"Hm, hilichurls don't usually come close to areas with a high concentration of elemental energy. It puts a strain on their bodies." Venti says entering his "thinking animation" once again. Diluc hums with a small frown.

"The Abyss Order must be manipulating them behind the scenes, but still, they shouldn't have been able to determine that we would come." He mentions, voice turning more into a mumble by the end as he falls into thought. "They must be spreading their forces to halt our plans."

"That would explain why it was only a mitachurl and the other two rather than a large group." You say while the other nods. Venti clears his throat and turns to the storm barrier.

"I suppose I can play faster if my only audience is the wind." His lyre appears in his hand as he brings it up to his shoulder. The music he played was short and simple, but beautiful nonetheless. The wind barrier shatters, sending a large gust of wind in each direction. Paimon smiles towards Venti.