From 0-100 real fucking quick

Song suggestion ~~ Bones - Imagine Dragons

"That sounds like a great idea. May I take [Y/n] on a tour of Mondstadt tomorrow?" Venti offers basically hugging your arm into his body. You tense up slightly and look down at him, trying to act unbothered. His smile seemed too sweet, and his grip seemed to tighten slightly as you looked at him.

Diluc hesitates but you smile. "I think it's a good idea, he's a bard after all so he's probably not as busy as the two of you. You have to look into your contacts and you'll probably have commissions." You say looking between Aether and Diluc. You flinch inwardly as you realise that you shouldn't know about commissions considering the Adventurers Guild had only come up in conversation once briefly when they were explaining Mondstadt to you. "How about I talk to him now to organise time to meet, you guys go ahead, I can tell you what time when we get to the winery."

Diluc looks between the two of you suspiciously, knowing something was wrong, but ultimately he couldn't find a reason to say no. "Alright fine, but you won't be getting alcohol when you get to the winery bard." He sighs in defeat as he turns to walk ahead, Aether gives you a nod as he jogs to catch up to Diluc, Paimon leaving a trail of constellations as she floats behind.

"How many times have I fucked up?" You ask Venti without looking at him, eyes still glued to the two as they move out of earshot. His hug on your arm, although comfy, was strong and you knew you would not be able to escape a conversation with him.

"Enough that Diluc was definitely giving you some sort of stink eye." Venti says, also keeping his eyes forward. "That and you quite literally called out to every bloody archon to ask for help changing the future."

"So they could all hear?" You ask, you couldn't tell if you were hopeful, worried or relieved. He shrugs, not giving you a straight answer.

"Maybe, I know I could but it is my statue." He says and you finally shift uncomfortably.

"So do you just really like my arm or is there a reason you're still attached to it?" You ask, finally taking your eyes away from the figures moving away and to the bard on your arm.

"Well, I wanted to see if you felt lighter." He says sweetly and lets go. You had a feeling he was lying but you ignored it nevertheless. "You could understand Dvalin."

"So could you and probably Aether actually." You suggest but quickly realise that he was asking why you could understand him. "Could it be because of Dvalin's crystal tear thing? Aether can probably understand him cause he borrowed the anemo power from the statue?"

Venti nods before clapping his hands together and then grabbing your hand. "Well then you can tell me how you know the future of our world as we make our way to Dawn Winery." You could not get over his serious side. Don't get me wrong he was still acting like a carefree-bard/innocent act but when he was talking and asking serious questions, you could feel a threatening aura that came with asking the questions in that tone. It was lowkey terrifying.

Considering videos and video games don't exist in this world maybe you'll simply lie and say you read this in a book. Venti glances back at you waiting for an explanation as he pulls you along towards the Winery.

"It's a book series in my world, called Genshin Impact. It centres around Aether's journey in Teyvat. Hence why I want to change the future, there's... a few plot points that I want to change." You say picking up your pace to keep up with him. For a short dude he could walk pretty fast. He hums in response before looking back at you.

"Are you sure you want to change the future?" He asks and you couldn't help but notice he was still gripping onto your hand despite you walking next to him. "Wouldn't you rather the future be predictable?"